Does anyone know what is the colour of iPhone 5S sides?

ThatsAwesome

Dec 30, 2013
Visit site
My lovely iPhone 5S recently fell off my hand recently and all I am left with is a iPhone with slight scratches on the metal edges. I would like to fix those minor scratches with a nail polish or something of that kind. Please note I did not face any problems on the shiny rim luckily, but there are minor scratches on metal sides behind those shiny rim.

Has anyone tried it in the past? Where can I find one? I would like to know the exact name of the colour used on the sides of iPhone 5S silver.

Sorry for my very bad english.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
You can call Apple but I don't know if they have a specific name for the Silver that would help you in anyway. If they are not deep I would take it to a Jewelry repair and let him use a cotton buffing wheel and red jewelers rouge and they will most likely buff right out. I do it with my watch band every time and you never know it is there.

EmceeGeek

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
You can call Apple but I don't know if they have a specific name for the Silver that would help you in anyway. If they are not deep I would take it to a Jewelry repair and let him use a cotton buffing wheel and red jewelers rouge and they will most likely buff right out. I do it with my watch band every time and you never know it is there.

Sounds like a great idea to me. They buff it out, shine it up; good as new!

Sent from my [Gold] iPhone 5S

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site

Great tip, Jag!!!

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Sounds like a great idea to me. They buff it out, shine it up; good as new!

Sent from my [Gold] iPhone 5S
Yes Sir.... I have done it with many metals and the iPhone sides are perfect. It is a soft cotton wheel going at high speed and they use a stick of the Red Rouge to get out the scratches using a light touch and then white rouge which does the polishing and guranteed gone like they were never there. Like I said I have one at work for polishing metal and use it all the time.

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
the iPhone is like a piece of jewelry hence the gold side

if they came out with a neck case i for one would wear it around my neck like Flavor Flav :rotfl:

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Would this void the warranty in any way? Would fixing a scratch be considered damage? If you are altering the iPhone.
This is from the Apple's hardware warranty.
f) to damage caused by service (including upgrades and expansions) performed by anyone who is not a representative of Apple or an Apple Authorized Service Provider (?AASP?);

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
Would this void the warranty in any way? Would fixing a scratch be considered damage? If you are altering the iPhone.
f) to damage caused by service (including upgrades and expansions) performed by anyone who is not a representative of Apple or an Apple Authorized Service Provider (?AASP?);

As long as it's not obvious it was repaired, I think it's in the same boat as jailbreaking. I don't think it's doing any "Damage", however YMMV.

HAWK

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
if you are good at painting, get a tube of flat black car paint from a car dealer, and bring back the slate look..... slate 5s.... bad a**.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
f) to damage caused by service (including upgrades and expansions) performed by anyone who is not a representative of Apple or an Apple Authorized Service Provider (“AASP”);
No ed not for something like the scratches I am talking about. It would be ok and if nothing ever went wrong with your phone, There is nothing to worry about anyway.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR