Blue vertical bar

Mikermann

Oct 22, 2015
Visit site
Settings>General>Accessibility>Switch Control (turn off for now)>Switches>Add a new switch>Full Screen>Select the first item, "Select" as the action when you turn on Switch Control and tap anywhere on the screen. Now go back 2 pages and turn on Switch control. You should see the vertical blue bar going across. Tap the screen, it brings up a menu. Quickly tap on the first item, called "item mode". This toggles off the blue gliding cursor. Triple tap the home button to turn Switch Control off. Now the blue bar is gone for good.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Settings>General>Accessibility>Switch Control (turn off for now)>Switches>Add a new switch>Full Screen>Select the first item, "Select" as the action when you turn on Switch Control and tap anywhere on the screen. Now go back 2 pages and turn on Switch control. You should see the vertical blue bar going across. Tap the screen, it brings up a menu. Quickly tap on the first item, called "item mode". This toggles off the blue gliding cursor. Triple tap the home button to turn Switch Control off. Now the blue bar is gone for good.

Thank you for that info! Most here, including myself, didn't have a clue about that little used feature. Well done!

marcierandall

Jan 22, 2017
Visit site
I am having this problem too, and I cannot get into any apps or settings, nothing happens when I touch the screen except icons that say "tap" or "arrange apps" or "home"- can't get into settings and hard reset does not help...any thoughts?

gabqc

Mar 23, 2018
Visit site
Hi
Same problem for me when access General - accessibility - display accommodations - turn on Reduce white point. The blue vertical bar disappears. But when you power on you, in my case, Apple logo appears one half blue and other normal white but not vertical bar appears. Note that if you restore your device you must re-apply this settings.

stancella

Apr 30, 2021
Visit site
I had this problem with my iphone 11. I had blue semi-transparent bars scrolling from left to right across my screen, and one scrolling from top to bottom. It is an accessibility app that has been turned on by mistake. If you can still use the touch screen, go to settings and scroll down to accessibility and turn off switch control. IF YOUR PHONE IS LOCKED WHEN THIS HAPPENS, AND YOU CANNOT USE THE TOUCH SCREEN: TAP THE SIDE BUTTON (the single button on the right side of your iphone) 3 TIMES RAPIDLY. This will unlock the touch screen, then go to settings as above.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I had this problem with my iphone 11. I had blue semi-transparent bars scrolling from left to right across my screen, and one scrolling from top to bottom. It is an accessibility app that has been turned on by mistake. If you can still use the touch screen, go to settings and scroll down to accessibility and turn off switch control. IF YOUR PHONE IS LOCKED WHEN THIS HAPPENS, AND YOU CANNOT USE THE TOUCH SCREEN: TAP THE SIDE BUTTON (the single button on the right side of your iphone) 3 TIMES RAPIDLY. This will unlock the touch screen, then go to settings as above.

Hello and welcome to iMore. Thanks for sharing your experience with us! When you get a chance, please take a minute to introduce yourself here!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2