Blackberry outlook calendar and iPhone...how can they work together?

I

iMore Question

My husband has a blackberry torch through work (reason he can't change), using outlook calendar. I have an iPhone. We have four children with very active schedules. I need to be able to invite him to events and he needs to be able to invite me, so that we can have a more organized life! Please tell me there is an app, a setting, a way to make this happen?!!

sunsand

Jan 5, 2014
Visit site
When I send him an invite from my iPhone calendar, his blackberry won't let him open it. He can't respond to invite. What am I doing wrong?

Also, he cannot add any apps to his phone. If there was an app fix, it would have to be one for iPhone that worked with outlook/blackberry.

So, how would he access the iCloud calendar?

I apologize, in advance, for my low knowledge of technology ;)

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
First you don't have to apologize. If you don't have an iCloud acct you should set one up on your phone where you can go to www.icloud.com and access all the different features you will see when you get there, log in using the username and password you chose and you will then be able to access your calendar. Explore that feature and see what you can do from iCloud.com and now your native calendar.

I believe that after this if you read the link kch50428 was good enough to supply to you this might shed more light and it might not work as you wish and may to go another route as in a public calendar that you can both set up. Thank you and best of luck.

sunsand

Jan 5, 2014
Visit site
Thank you both.

Looks like my husband's antiquated blackberry phone cannot read/is not compatible with iCloud. It seems that it can, however, link up with/read Google calendar.

So, I am on the hunt for an app that works with google calendar (even though I don't use it, my email address is with gmail so if he sends me an invite through his calendar using my e-mail address, it reads as a google calendar event...my head is slightly spinning!).

The main issue I now have is being able to send HIM an invite. The app I get needs to send invite through google somehow, not iCloud, icalendar, etc. make sense? Any suggestions??

Thanks again for your help!

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
If your husband can subscribe to a google calendar, the process to subscribe to an iCloud calendar should be pretty much the same...

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2