Liquid screen protector

tdelfie03

Oct 22, 2015
Visit site
I went to Verizon and best buy looking for a screen protector for my watch. Neither place had the full coverage protector. The guy at Verizon told me about a liquid protector that Staples puts on. Both my phone and watch for$30 and it's suppose to last for a year. Anyone have any experience with this type out protector?

kazp3r17

Jan 12, 2014
Visit site
I went to Verizon and best buy looking for a screen protector for my watch. Neither place had the full coverage protector. The guy at Verizon told me about a liquid protector that Staples puts on. Both my phone and watch for$30 and it's suppose to last for a year. Anyone have any experience with this type out protector?

Yes I actually created a thread a few years back about this. Had staples apply it as well paid 15 for it at them time for a special To me not sure how much of a gimmick it is honestly. I .Because your screen will still get scratches on it and what not but as for a glass screen protector you can pull them off.

Although it's possible the product has gotten better and improved over the years. Just will take a while to see if it's worth it or not

Eclipse2K

Jul 17, 2016
Visit site
Yes I actually created a thread a few years back about this. Had staples apply it as well paid 15 for it at them time for a special To me not sure how much of a gimmick it is honestly. I .Because your screen will still get scratches on it and what not but as for a glass screen protector you can pull them off.

Although it's possible the product has gotten better and improved over the years. Just will take a while to see if it's worth it or not

Truthfully this seems as useless as those paint protection packages car dealers push on every buyer.

Mac Guy

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
Eclipse2K said:
Truthfully this seems as useless as those paint protection packages car dealers push on every buyer.

You've used them?

I'm not familiar with them at all. I'm guessing their not truly liquid, just not solid as in glass.

I've used a couple 'self-healing' vinyl type screen protectors over the years and they've worked splendidly. Minor scratches that would live forever on a glass screen were gone in 24hrs. A heavier scratch didn't disappear, but it was lessened noticeably. Or less so actually. The screens weren't pricey at the time.

Yes, ANY screen protector will get scratched if the impact is severe enough. This is about raise the threshold at which that occurs, not making the screen indestructible. Nothing will do that.

I stopped using the vinyl self-healers in favor of the slightly more expensive glass protectors because their crystal-clarity. My first one was installed at a Macworld Expo after my friend got his second one install. His first looked like some graffiti vandal had access to it for months. It remained intact even though heavily scratch. Reading text on the phone was actually impaired. With the new protector, it was a new phone. I treat my phones much better but still like a little insurance. YMMV.

kazp3r17

Jan 12, 2014
Visit site

Pretty much what it is. I really didn't see exactly what purpose it gave me so I slapped a glass screen back on. It would be different if it created some type of gel overlay you could pull off when it became to scratched.

Eclipse2K

Jul 17, 2016
Visit site
You've used them?

I'm not familiar with them at all. I'm guessing their not truly liquid, just not solid as in glass.

I've used a couple 'self-healing' vinyl type screen protectors over the years and they've worked splendidly. Minor scratches that would live forever on a glass screen were gone in 24hrs. A heavier scratch didn't disappear, but it was lessened noticeably. Or less so actually. The screens weren't pricey at the time.

Yes, ANY screen protector will get scratched if the impact is severe enough. This is about raise the threshold at which that occurs, not making the screen indestructible. Nothing will do that.

I stopped using the vinyl self-healers in favor of the slightly more expensive glass protectors because their crystal-clarity. My first one was installed at a Macworld Expo after my friend got his second one install. His first looked like some graffiti vandal had access to it for months. It remained intact even though heavily scratch. Reading text on the phone was actually impaired. With the new protector, it was a new phone. I treat my phones much better but still like a little insurance. YMMV.

No, but it creates a film that can still scratch and I would assume you can’t just wash it off so you live with it. I don’t use any protector on my Watch at this point because a lot of user reviews tend to say they lift slightly. Does anyone know of a good Glass protector that doesn’t lift?

Mac Guy

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
Eclipse2K said:
No, but it creates a film that can still scratch

As I said, any protector can be scratched. I don't know what you used, but the ones I used did resist some scratches (they disappeared overnight) but didn't resist others. That it was the protector that got scratched and not the screen was what I wanted.

The value of a screen protector on a Watch face would vary with the likelihood of getting a scratch on the crystal and the user's tolerance to scratches. As I said— YMMV.

Eclipse2K

Jul 17, 2016
Visit site
As I said, any protector can be scratched. I don't know what you used, but the ones I used did resist some scratches (they disappeared overnight) but didn't resist others. That it was the protector that got scratched and not the screen was what I wanted.

The value of a screen protector on a Watch face would vary with the likelihood of getting a scratch on the crystal and the user's tolerance to scratches. As I said— YMMV.

Oh I agree. I’m more or less saying an actual glass protector can be removed with little effort so it’s a better option in my opinion. But that’s if I used one on my Watch. I have AppleCare+ in case it cracks but scratches likely won’t happen. At least I hope not, hah.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
I gave armour suit. Got on Ebay. Can get on Amazon as well. I used on my Series 2. Now have for my series3

dchandler

Sep 11, 2009
Visit site
Those liquid glass protectors are a scam, we sell them and they don’t work at all. We have people come in all the time say they broke the screen or scratched it up.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2