Why isn't the data from the Pedometer ++ app not merging with the Health app?

NicoleMoynihan

May 4, 2018
Visit site
I have a standing desk at work. The Apple watch does not register me using a stepper under my desk because my hands don't move. The phone in my pocket didn't accurately count the steps either until I added the pedometer++ app. Now that app perfectly calculates the steps I take at my desk. The problem I am having is that the pedometer is not merging that data with the steps on my health app or watch. I have it selected to merge but it's not working. I read it does it every half hour or so. Well it's been hours and the health and pedometer app both show different values. What am I doing wrong?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I have a standing desk at work. The Apple watch does not register me using a stepper under my desk because my hands don't move. The phone in my pocket didn't accurately count the steps either until I added the pedometer++ app. Now that app perfectly calculates the steps I take at my desk. The problem I am having is that the pedometer is not merging that data with the steps on my health app or watch. I have it selected to merge but it's not working. I read it does it every half hour or so. Well it's been hours and the health and pedometer app both show different values. What am I doing wrong?
You might not be doing anything wrong and it could possibly be that the app doesn't merge everything with the Health app. Have you tried contacting the app's developer?

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
If it’s not too much of a hassle, try using the Watch on your ankle. I know from my Fitbit times that people used to do that when they were cycling. It may also work for your use case, assuming you have your iPhone also on the desk and don’t need the watch for notifications.

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
I'm using Pedometer ++ and under daily use my steps are registering with Apple Health when I walk outside and on treadmill. I did learn that walking in one spot doesn't register so much.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2