Sport band vs. Woven

afctee

Distinguished
May 22, 2016
Visit site
For those that have a Sport band and a Woven band, they do feel very different, no?

In particular once your body is hot (not from doing exercise), does the Woven band feel better than the Sport band?

Thanks

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
They both have a different feel as they're different materials. My woven bands seem much more breathable, especially when hot. I usually wear a woven band if I know I'm going to be some place warm or engaging in physical activity.

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
I use the sport band when I'm running or working out and woven band for work or other things. I don't want the woven band to soak up sweat.

They're both very comfortable and I love them for different reasons.

Mac Guy

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
Once they're on my wrist, I honestly don't notice any difference. It hasn't been warm enough for me to tell if the Woven breathes better, which, obviously, it should. The Sport band doesn't breathe at all.

So I only change them for the look and situation. I want an Argyle band to match my socks.

tech_fan

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
I have both. The woven is nice in hot and cold weather. Looks more stylish then the sports bands. Right now I have been wearing the sports bands more. But I must admit that the nylon are my new favorites. I just like the fact that they have contrasting colors.

eyecrispy

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
I have both. The woven is nice in hot and cold weather. Looks more stylish then the sports bands. Right now I have been wearing the sports bands more. But I must admit that the nylon are my new favorites. I just like the fact that they have contrasting colors.

Agree. I love the look of the woven nylon bands. It is casual but you can get away with it at work.

tcuprof

Trusted Member
Aug 21, 2015
Visit site
I wear the sports band for running since I want to be able to wash it afterwards. Otherwise what's most important to me is that the band match my shirt color. :nerd:

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I prefer the fit of the sport band, but there are times the woven is more appropriate (work, etc.). But both are super comfortable.

Mac Guy

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
The Sport band fits me juuuuust right whereas the Woven band on occasion is sometimes a tad loose or a tad tight.

Not wanting the crease the Woven bands and prematurely wear them out, bending the band to buckle and unbuckle makes me cringe a little. No problem with the Sport band.

The Woven bands do add a nice touch for a less casual look.

jaleesag88

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
I've been wearing my woven band during my workouts and haven't had any issues with it at all. The only time I notice it wet is after I wash my hands. I haven't felt it get wet after workouts yet.

Last edited:

eyecrispy

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
is the woven band sweat proof? I'm thinking to wear it to gym. thanks! :tongue:

I don't think it's sweat proof. I only wear the sport bands to the gym or to run. It kind of grosses me out to think about sweat soaking into the band. The sport bands are easier to clean.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
I've been wearing my woven band during my workouts and have had any issues with it at all. The only time I notice it wet is after I wash my hands. I haven't felt it get wet after workouts yet.

I use my nylon when exercising. It doesn't get all sweaty like the sport band does. I think the nylon just breathes so much better. I think the sport bands are poo honestly.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2