Does the new 2012 Apple TV have a web browser?

BradM73

Sep 11, 2008
Visit site
Hi all,

I'm thinking of buying an Apple TV puck for my 55" TV and was just wondering if it had had a Safari app that would allow me to browse the web? I have a PS3, but web browsing is a horrible experience with it, and I've heard talk of Safari for iPhone or iPad being AirPlay enabled to allow Safari to stream to the TV, but I'd almost rather just use a built-in app. I'm kind of on the fence about this, since I'm not sure I'd see a huge benefit to getting an Apple TV as I would mainly want it for Netflix and web browsing. Not really sure if I'd play iPad/iPhone games on my big screen or not. And of course, now that I think about it, input may be an issue also, since there is no mouse or keyboard (unless AirPlaying from an iPhone or iPad).

If anyone can provide some input or ideas for me, or if you have previous experience with the ATV and hopefully have an idea of what I'm trying to get to, please feel free to comment.

Thanks all.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
No, there's no browser at this time. Rumor has it that there will be a whole new look/feel to the ATV software soon - maybe announced at WWDC.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jerrytg4