Apple TV displaying too big, too small

Rene Ritchie

Old Man Ritchie
Jan 12, 2007
www.about.me
I know yesterday was Halloween and all, but my Apple TV (2010) took it a little too far.

First I turned it on but there was no picture. Just black. I could hear the sound as the controller moved focus around, but couldn't see anything.

I kept restarting it and eventually it came back.

Then later I turned it on again and the picture was tiny. Like it was showing 720p on a 1080p screen. A box within a box. I had to pull out the power cord in order to fix that.

Still later I turned it on a third time and the picture was huge. I could only see 1/4 of the picture on screen. Again, a power pull was required to get it working again.

Anyone else ever experience anything like this? Uber frustrating!

futurecode

Dec 12, 2008
Visit site
I had this happen the first time I powered the sucker up.

I plugged and powered up the Apple TV, TV, AVR, etc .... then plugged in the HDMI. So, I think it had to do with either my TV having trouble figuring out what was going on, or the signal was being manipulated/not processed by my AVR (Denon 1908) which everything runs through. So I chalked it up to not having the HDMI connected to the apple TV before powering up.

I have not had it happen ever since.

Then again, I have not really used it much. I bought it for it's future jailbreakablity and use my PS3 for streaming mostly.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2