Where do my unused pieces that I have go?

I

iMore Question

Unused pieces when putting back together iPhone

I recently changed my power/volume button strip so had my phone apart. Everything seemed to go ok but when tidying up i found a couple of pieces that i obviously didn't put back on.

1. a washer (think located under the board near the camera not exactly sure where. its a kind of rectangle shape with a bit cut off the side and little bit sticking out.

2. a kind of cover, small metal with two smalls holes in it and the edges folded

I know the descriptions are very vague ( i wasn't sure how to add photos)

Any help saying what they are/where they go/ are they important etc...

Thanks

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Re: Unused pieces when putting back together iPhone

I recently changed my power/volume button strip so had my phone apart. Everything seemed to go ok but when tidying up i found a couple of pieces that i obviously didn't put back on.

1. a washer (think located under the board near the camera not exactly sure where. its a kind of rectangle shape with a bit cut off the side and little bit sticking out.

2. a kind of cover, small metal with two smalls holes in it and the edges folded

I know the descriptions are very vague ( i wasn't sure how to add photos)

Any help saying what they are/where they go/ are they important etc...

Thanks

Important? Probably not. Apple has been known to waste their bank on superfluous parts just to confuse the do-it-yourself crowd.

Go to iFixIt.com and look at the walkthroughs for repairs to see what the parts are and where they go.

This gives a whole new meaning to "don't try this at home".

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2