AirPod in ear fit?

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
This is really cool!! Does this show up under the battery widget?

Yes they come up on the phones battery widget as well. Also if you open the case next to the phone you get a pop up with the battery level of the AirPods and the case.

UPDATE: Today I wore them at the gym. I did chest, triceps, core and I jumped rope. Let me tell you I am in LOVE!!! I have the PB3s that I have been using at the gym, but those have now been retired to my sleeping headphones. Working out without any wires was wonderful.

Not only did I do a bunch of presses and core work, I did 100 jumping jacks and 30min of jumping rope. The AirPods stayed in my ears and didn't move a bit. As a bonus they sounded great. Nice and loud listening to my metal gym mix. I have the double tap setting to pause/play and it was nice when one of my buddies asked me a question and I didn't need to fumble for a button to pause my music. I might switch to Siri and use my Watch to pause the music, or just take a bud out of my ear. I will try that tomorrow and see if I like that better. My wife sent me a text while I was jumping rope and a quick "read my text" would have been nice.

I am going to keep using them for the next few weeks at the gym doing all sorts of stuff and if my opinion changes I will post here.

mpshah

Aug 18, 2010
Visit site
Yes they come up on the phones battery widget as well. Also if you open the case next to the phone you get a pop up with the battery level of the AirPods and the case.

UPDATE: Today I wore them at the gym. I did chest, triceps, core and I jumped rope. Let me tell you I am in LOVE!!! I have the PB3s that I have been using at the gym, but those have now been retired to my sleeping headphones. Working out without any wires was wonderful.

Not only did I do a bunch of presses and core work, I did 100 jumping jacks and 30min of jumping rope. The AirPods stayed in my ears and didn't move a bit. As a bonus they sounded great. Nice and loud listening to my metal gym mix. I have the double tap setting to pause/play and it was nice when one of my buddies asked me a question and I didn't need to fumble for a button to pause my music. I might switch to Siri and use my Watch to pause the music, or just take a bud out of my ear. I will try that tomorrow and see if I like that better. My wife sent me a text while I was jumping rope and a quick "read my text" would have been nice.

I am going to keep using them for the next few weeks at the gym doing all sorts of stuff and if my opinion changes I will post here.

That's awesome.

How did they come along with all the sweat running down?

j.bergsing

Dec 2, 2016
Visit site
This is the only reason I won't be ordering a pair of AirPods. Apple earpods not only don't stay in my ears, but give me pain in just a few hours of use.

bamf-hacker

Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
That's awesome.

How did they come along with all the sweat running down?

No issues at all. They stayed put even sweaty.

This is the only reason I won't be ordering a pair of AirPods. Apple earpods not only don't stay in my ears, but give me pain in just a few hours of use.

I was the same with the EarPods. I think the wire pulling on them makes a big difference. The AirPods while the same shape as the EarPods, fit in my ears, stay in and don't hurt. Might be worth going to an Apple Store and try them out.

StraightlineBoy

Dec 6, 2014
Visit site
After a couple of days I've just tried turning my AirPods by 90 degrees (so the stem is parallel to the ground) and they feel much more secure; interesting, will try them some more like this

MacsRule

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
You should try a demo pair at your local  store. EarPods did not stay in my ears. I found the experience to be very different with the AirPods.

samosIM

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
Late to respond:
Received my AirPods on Jan 5, 2017. I ordered the EarHoox 2.0 as I was concerned the AirPods would not stay in my ears.

For me, the AirPods easily fallout of my ear. However, the EarHoox 2.0 solve that problem and are comfortable to wear. The EarHoox are durable as I need to remove them to re-charge/store the Air Pods multiple times during the day.

The AirPods are comfortable and the audio for music is fine. However, my Bose QC 30 in-ear Bluetooth headset has superior sound, and, in addition, if I need to, can specify a setting for the noise-cancelling.

Having stated the above, I use my AirPods much more than my Bose QC 30. Even with having to R&R the EarHoox 2.0, they are more convenient for me to use.

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
I can't believe I'm even considering these but for some reason I am. EarPods have never worked for me, so that is really my only concern. Thanks all for your input. I may have to try them on at the store ... although sticking something in my ear that others have used grossed me out a little.

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
EarPods have never stayed in very well for me but these AirPods seem to stay in great. I wore them at work this afternoon for a few calls. I was walking around, bending over and reaching for files and they didn't fall out one time. The EarPods would never have stayed in.

shanghaichica

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
The EarPods have always stayed in my ears and are the most comfortable in ear earphones I've ever used. I wasn't worried about the airpods of fitting and I wasn't wrong. I think they actually got even better than to EarPods if that's possible.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
The AirPods fit well in my ears, but they are not snug. They are not heavy, by any means nor they do not move around while in my ears. They simply aren't snug in "my" ears.

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
The AirPods fit well in my ears, but they are not snug. They are not heavy, by any means nor they do not move around while in my ears. They simply aren't snug in "my" ears.

Same here. They are not snug, but they don't fall out either. They seem to just sit in my ears and stay. They are super comfortable. I'm going to wear them to the gym in the morning and see how they do with a workout. My PowerBeat 2's may be getting retired.

imwjl

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
I consider the fit pretty much same as the wired earphones but the weight and no cords seems to keep them in ears. For corded units the right ear tends to fall out. So far not a problem with the AirPods.

Leaving office and stepping into grocery store last evening I forgot they were in the ears until I got strange looks in the grocery store. I guess that's another way of realizing fit is OK.

Foam covers help the old corded models stay in and stay clean. I plan to try them with the AirPods but that case is a pretty tight fit so that might be out of the question.

bamf-hacker

Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
I consider the fit pretty much same as the wired earphones but the weight and no cords seems to keep them in ears. For corded units the right ear tends to fall out. So far not a problem with the AirPods.

Leaving office and stepping into grocery store last evening I forgot they were in the ears until I got strange looks in the grocery store. I guess that's another way of realizing fit is OK.

Foam covers help the old corded models stay in and stay clean. I plan to try them with the AirPods but that case is a pretty tight fit so that might be out of the question.

I picked up some foam covers and they made the sound a bit better and still fit in the case. I just took them off becasue it was not enough of a difference for me to leave them on.

imwjl

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
I picked up some foam covers and they made the sound a bit better and still fit in the case. I just took them off becasue it was not enough of a difference for me to leave them on.

I was surprised one didn't want to stay with foam covers.

As for sound better with the foam or thinking they break in? I'm not so sure.

bamf-hacker

Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
I just didn't find the need for them so I took them off. I got a pack with 20 of them so I have plenty.

anon(193652)

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Mine fit great and stay in my ears way better than the wired EarPods. Took them out for a few runs and had no issues with them at all. They slip less than my Jaybird X2's.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77