Seeing some buzz that, if the extra money needed to buy them isn’t an issue, would be a better choice than the second gen AirPods.

Honestly, I have the first gen, and there just isn’t enough for me to upgrade mine. Not even going to bother with the wireless charging case. They’re nice when I’m lounging around, and want to listen to music.

But, I don’t even bother using them to work out with. Reason one, I’m afraid they’ll pop out on my bike with a big enough bump, and I won’t be able to retrieve it. Reason two, not sweat resistant. That’s why I would be leaning towards the Powerbeats.

I have a pair of the Bose SoundSport Free wireless buds. They are quite secure in my ear. The only time one came out on the bike was when I hit a groundhog last summer while I was doing 17 MPH. I went over the handlebars, got roadrash on my left arm, a large contusion on my right thigh, and cracked 2 ribs. So, one bud popping out wasn’t a shock. Sound quality is awesome. Controls are actually fairly easy to use. Battery life on the buds themselves is good, but the charging case isn’t what I would like.

I haven’t decided if I am going to switch. But, if I hear about battery life in the case being better, and the fact that the Powerbeats will be using lighting charger, I am going to consider it.

Anyone have any thoughts?
    04-13-2019 10:18 PM
    I’m not interested —- at least not at this time. I’m currently using a pair of Jabra Elite earbuds and they’re okay, but I plan to replace them soon with more than likely another pair of Bose earbuds - perhaps the ones you mentioned.
    04-14-2019 07:51 AM
    The Powerbeats Pro do look like a potential option.

With nine hour battery life and quick charge top off, I could see them in use all day at work. Recently my work schedule has been 0630-1700, with an hour or so for the gym and post workout shower, then back upstairs to work (since there is a gym in the basement). So while that's more than nine hours, a quick charge would keep them going.

All day comfort and general wear-ability is something I'd need to better understand before purchasing, though.
    04-14-2019 08:02 AM
    I use both the Bose Soundsport Free & Powerbeats, so I would love to have the Pros. They would definitely work well when I do sports drills & other high intensity workouts.
    04-14-2019 04:12 PM
    Consider might be a strong word. I would prefer them to AirPods, however, at $250 there are better options.
    04-14-2019 04:18 PM
    I'm not interested. Happy with my Apple AirPods 2
    04-14-2019 05:37 PM
    Sticking with my AirPods 2
    04-15-2019 09:53 AM
    Nope. My ears don't like the in-ear buds and ear/airpods are probably the only ones that don't cause me any pain and fit perfectly.
    04-16-2019 02:29 AM
    I was thinking "maybe" until I saw Lory Gil's review of them on the latest "iMore Show". I'm not a fan of pumped up bass, so if I invest in wireless headphones, it will probably be AirPods... but I'm worried about the comfort. I would have to check both out to be completely sure.
    04-16-2019 08:57 AM
    I was thinking "maybe" until I saw Lory Gil's review of them on the latest "iMore Show". I'm not a fan of pumped up bass, so if I invest in wireless headphones, it will probably be AirPods... but I'm worried about the comfort. I would have to check both out to be completely sure.
    For me the AirPods fit just like my EarPods. Actually better because the cords don’t pull them out of my ears. If EarPods fit ok then AirPods will got better. At least in my experience
    Annie_8plus likes this.
    04-16-2019 09:18 AM
    For me the AirPods fit just like my EarPods. Actually better because the cords don’t pull them out of my ears. If EarPods fit ok then AirPods will got better. At least in my experience
    Thanks for the feedback! That is good to know!
    parker5011 likes this.
    04-16-2019 09:24 AM
    From everything I’ve seen, the improvements between AirPods one and AirPods two isn’t worth it to me, since I already have the first ones. And, I’m not sure that I am going to get the Powerbeats. If I get one, it will probably be the Powerbeats, as a replacement for my Bose SoundSport Free. But, I would probably wait until early next year, and see if the price dropped some.
    parker5011 likes this.
    04-16-2019 11:49 AM