Lightning cable that's a bit more rugged than stock?

flyinion

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
So got in my Jeep today and my lightning cable plugged into my USB port the lightning end the insulation was shredded. Time for a new cable. Looking for something a bit more rugged than the stock one that comes with the phones. Any recommendations for ones that won't cause any issues but maybe have a more rugged jacket on them? Preferably available on Amazon but it's ok if they're not but from a reputable 3rd party. I don't need a long one, 2-3 feet min/max. Well, maybe 3 in case I ever get a mount.

Wotchered

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
I have taken to using the Anker cables with the woven nylon casing, about 8 months now and no sign of wear,no Apple cable ever lasted that long with me.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I've gone through quite a few lightning cables as well. Like @Wotchered and @Lee_Bo, I have found that Anker cables are the best. And the price isn't too bad either. And they're priced rather competitively as well. I also agree that the cables in the woven nylon casing are much more durable.

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
I’ve been using the same cables for a few years with no issues. The cables from my X & 8 are still in the box LOL. With that being said, my kids use Anker & Belkin.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vivekintech1