Element Case Contest Aftermath Story

Status
Not open for further replies.

lgreenberg

Dec 2, 2008
www.active.com
I don't want this to come out sounding like I'm spoiled or that I'm eating sour grapes but I did feel the need to let you all know what happened.

Those of you who posted/read the thread on the Element Case giveaway know that I'm a firefighter.

You also know that someone from Element Case posted in the thread offering to send me a case regardless of whether I won the contest or not providing I was willing to speak to a firefighting trade publication about my experiences with the case.

The post went as follows......

"Hey there, Igreenberg - if you'd be willing to chat with a firefighting trade mag about your thoughts, we can def. shoot you over a case whether or not you win one of these awesome TiPB cases. Rene and Jeremy, thanks again for the flattering review and doing a give-away. Your logo made for some of the greatest looking Element cases that we have produced.

Happy New Year to you all and best wishes,

Element case Team"

Now I took this to mean they were offering to "give" me a case. Maybe I read it wrong, but I'm pretty sure I did not. Well I of course was willing to do so and was psyched at Element Cases's offer. I PMed the poster here but never heard back.

The other day I dropped them an e-mail to take them up on their offer and here's the response I got.

"Larry,
Yes, I remember Mark mentioning this to me.
I can send you a basic case at a discount (half price) or I will do a custom case for you at the price of a basic model.
Let me know. We're glad to help out.
-Jeff"

So what I thought was an offer by them to give me a case (as long as I reviewed it) was actually an offer to purchase their case, at a discount. Their offer was nice but on my salary it's not really something I can afford right now. Even with the discount their cases are 50-80 dollars.

Confused I e-mailed "Jeff" back adding that I'm not sure why I'd pay for a case that they wanted me to review and explained my confusion over the initial offer. I've not heard anything back yet.

I guess this is just a case of one person promising something that they couldn't deliver but I couldn't help but be left with a bad taste in my mouth and a disappointed feeling about Element Cases as a company.

Sorry again if this comes across as ungrateful but I simply wanted to share what happened.

Maybe I'll hear back from them again and they'll have clarified the confusion. I hope to................

Dieter Bohn

Editor Emeritus
Feb 1, 2001
www.backlon.com
hey lgreenberg -

Element folks have been pretty good to us, definitely a misunderstanding here. You can expect a PM from Rene soon, we'll make it right. :D

lgreenberg

Dec 2, 2008
www.active.com
I've traded a few e-mails back and forth with Jeff from Element Cases.

Basically his position is it "fell threw the cracks" and they're "just too busy."

Still he never offered anything other than to have me purchase the case.

Completely unprofessional and utterly awful customer service.

Thankfully the guys at TiPb don't operate this way and are making things right.

To them I am grateful.

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
I've traded a few e-mails back and forth with Jeff from Element Cases.

Basically his position is it "fell threw the cracks" and they're "just too busy."

Still he never offered anything other than to have me purchase the case.

Completely unprofessional and utterly awful customer service.

Thankfully the guys at TiPb don't operate this way and are making things right.

To them I am grateful.

Your case will be shipped out tomorrow at the latest. So you know know. ;)

lgreenberg

Dec 2, 2008
www.active.com
Just to add to the drama...

I received a nice e-mail from Mark (the person who posted in the contest thread) from Element today apologizing for his dropping the ball. He never did offer an explanation as to why Jeff never agreed to honor the offer but he was willing to send me case now (I guess a complained enough). :)

I explained that the awesome guys at TiPb had taken care of that already though.

hotrod#AC

Jan 31, 2006
Visit site
Wow.....weird....super expensive case,....possibly crappy customer service.... equals = I'll probably never buy an Element case.

Thanks TiPb. You guys rock. Stay safe Igreenberg and thanks for keeping us all safe.

RHOPPES

Jan 23, 2009
Visit site
??

Lgreenberg You Sound Like Such A Crybaby. Who Cares Your Firefighter, I Sure Dont. Just Because Your A Firefighter Doesnt Mean You Can Have Everything For Free. From What I See Something Is Missing In This Story And It Seems Like Your Leaving Out Details Because It Doesnt Make Sense. Do You Go Through Life Crying About Every Little Thing You Dont Get For Free? And If You Cant Afford It On Your Salary You Might Want To Go Back To School And Get An Education So You Dont Have To Be A Firefighter. Loser.

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
Lgreenberg You Sound Like Such A Crybaby. Who Cares Your Firefighter, I Sure Dont. Just Because Your A Firefighter Doesnt Mean You Can Have Everything For Free. From What I See Something Is Missing In This Story And It Seems Like Your Leaving Out Details Because It Doesnt Make Sense. Do You Go Through Life Crying About Every Little Thing You Dont Get For Free? And If You Cant Afford It On Your Salary You Might Want To Go Back To School And Get An Education So You Dont Have To Be A Firefighter. Loser.

Considering this is your first post and you want to start off by insulting members of the forum, check your PM inbox. Consider yourself warned.

Have a nice day.

hotrod#AC

Jan 31, 2006
Visit site

Wow. I don't know what to say. Warning. I think Rhoppes should be banned. I have extensive education and a well paying job, but if someone promised me something and then re-nigged on it, I'd complain too. This type of attack on anyone is uncalled for and it is not the type of words that should be used in a community like this.

I say Rhoppes,... Keep your opinions to yourself from now on. As the saying goes, "if you don't have anything good to say, don't say anything at all."

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
Wow. I don't know what to say. Warning. I think Rhoppes should be banned. I have extensive education and a well paying job, but if someone promised me something and then re-nigged on it, I'd complain too. This type of attack on anyone is uncalled for and it is not the type of words that should be used in a community like this.

I say Rhoppes,... Keep your opinions to yourself from now on. As the saying goes, "if you don't have anything good to say, don't say anything at all."

While I don't agree with what he said or how he said it, I dealt with him appropriately. I wanted to give lgreenberg the chance to respond. If that was directed towards me I know I'd want the chance to reply. This thread is going no where anytime soon so it will now be closed.

Questions? PM me...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2