Verizon iphone 4.Bad esn. Craigslist. Ebay. COPS???

jhamilton3

TiPb Fourm Staff
Feb 20, 2009
Visit site
The ball is in his court.. you've already offered a refund to him even though you clearly stated it was a bad ESN to begin with.. so as far as I'm concerned you've done all you can do up to this point and there is nothing more you can do to resolve the situation / continuing to worry would be pointless. Best of luck, hope it works out soon.

drm2blv

May 17, 2011
Visit site
If it was listed in the terms of sale, you are in the clear. I wouldn't stress yourself over it. Nothing can be done against you.

fftaz336

Apr 9, 2011
Visit site
You have to be careful too. He might be trying to get you to refund the money first. When you do he never returns the phone or sends you a BS tracking number or info.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

the.j129

May 14, 2011
Visit site
@jhamilton3: thanks !! hope so too...
though would he have any legal bearing if he went to the cops and said that i'm not refunding his money.?

@medic0712: yes..i'm going to watch out for that. thanks!!

mi_canuck#IM

Jan 11, 2010
Visit site
bad ESN isn't listed to your name... so leave it be if the ebay buyers doesn't return the phone to you.... do NOT refund his money until you have the phone back... and even then, who knows if you'll get the actual one you sent him...

You're trying to do the honest thing, yet this ebay buyer is being a douche... so let sleeping dogs lie... you've done your part. rest easy, nothing will come of this... verizon know full well who the original owner was, but wouldn't tell you... so f*** verizon, you aren't linked to the bad ESN... walk away... and take a lesson from this...

scorpiodsu

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
I know people have already said this but take it from someone who buys and sells on eBay often, if you listed it with a bad ESN and opted for no returns then you are not obligated to do anything. He should have been paying attention when he bought it. It's pretty much his lost. He wouldn't win a claim because he's returning for a reason you had in the listing. Here's what I would say, keep all your communications through email and not the phone. That way both eBay and PayPal can track them. Because what he says on the phone my be different in email if there was a case. For instance, on the phone he could say "I didn't know the ESN was bad". But then he could raise a case that says the item doesn't work. And you'll now have to prove it does work. So keep everything in email.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77