2017 Macbook Pro Charging Cable

GIacona

Mar 24, 2024
Visit site
Hey Everyone,

I purchased a 2017 15" non touch bar model a few years back. It came with a 61W USB-C Wall plug and cable. I have a new puppy and he destroyed the charging cable. I am worried b/c when I looked online it says the 61W wall plug is only for the 13 inch as per this link https://support.apple.com/en-us/111947.

I will need to get the correct USB-C cable that is compatible with the above laptop and wall plug. I don't want to reinvent the wheel here and get something with more power that will fry's my laptop, but I would be interested in a fast charging cable if I am able to go that direction. My Ipad cable does not seem to powerful enough to charge this laptop.

So I am basically looking for advice on if I need to get a new wall plug or if I can continue to use the 61W, and which USB-C charging cable will work for me. Not sure regarding watts/amps/voltage on the cable.

Thanks in advance

EdwinG

Ambassador
Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
Hey Everyone,

I purchased a 2017 15" non touch bar model a few years back. It came with a 61W USB-C Wall plug and cable. I have a new puppy and he destroyed the charging cable. I am worried b/c when I looked online it says the 61W wall plug is only for the 13 inch as per this link https://support.apple.com/en-us/111947.

I will need to get the correct USB-C cable that is compatible with the above laptop and wall plug. I don't want to reinvent the wheel here and get something with more power that will fry's my laptop, but I would be interested in a fast charging cable if I am able to go that direction. My Ipad cable does not seem to powerful enough to charge this laptop.

So I am basically looking for advice on if I need to get a new wall plug or if I can continue to use the 61W, and which USB-C charging cable will work for me. Not sure regarding watts/amps/voltage on the cable.

Thanks in advance
Any USB-PD certified 60W+ cable should work.

USB type C power delivery is standardized, so if the cable follows the standard, there’s no reason for the laptop and charger to reject them.

Edit: Corrected grammar mistakes.

Last edited:
Reactions: Just_Me_D

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77