Safari not remembering passwords

lenababyy

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
Hello everybody,
I have a bit of a problem with my iPhone....
I cannot get safari to remember my passwords for websites.

Basically when I log in to any site, it asks me if I want it to remember, I say yes, but next time i visit it is like new again.
I know this worked on iOS4 but not on iOS 5, it is also possible that this began after my jailbreak but I cannot remember exactly to be sure what is the cause.

I have tried:
Resetting the phone
Checking settings, private browsing is disabled, autofill is enabled, accept cookies is always, and was tried on from visited as well.
All cookies and data where cleared and tried again.
I have searched forums for fixes, and tried a few. I have used ifile to change permissions on the cookies folder.
I have also tried deleting its contents in hopes iphone would recreate a new set that worked properly, again this has not worked.
In a few forums it mentions that there is a cookies.plist file... I do not have this file, however I am not sure if I am supposed to have it as the forum was about ios4.
My cookies folder contains: .com.apple.itunesstored.2.splitedb and cookies.binarycookies

Does anyone have any idea how to fix this? I use log ins for both school and work so it is very annoying when I have to enter them several times a day.
Thank you for any suggetions

lenababyy

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
yes I am aware that it could be and am hoping there is a fix for it if that is the case.
I have been unable to find anyone with mention of the same problem with ios5, and I jailbroke 2 phones with the same computer/software (new redsnow) and the other device has no issue.

Regardless of the cause, I am looking for a solution.

TiNuts

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
My 4S doesn't save passwords either, but my jailbroken ipad on ios 5 does save passwords. All settings are identical and I've tried the same stuff you have (resetting, clearing stuff, etc).

noaim

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
well unfortunately the only thing we can tell you to do is restore your phone at this point. the typical response is clear cache. reboot, restore from backup restore as new

scovert

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
I too am having this issue on an iPhone4 after upgrading to iOS5, and my phone has not been jailbroke. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Sketso

Jan 11, 2010
Visit site
Setting...
Safari...
Private Browsing set to OFF? (are you sure??)
Accept Cookies set to FROM VISITED?

The update to iOS 5 seemed to default to Private Browsing ON for a lot of folks, and turning it OFF resolved my issues with frequently visited sites. I haven't had to enter a password for my regular forums, etc. any more than before (1x a week max). I'm not jailbroken, though, so perhaps you have a system cleaner going with one of the JB apps? Something that regularly optimizes in the background for performance or somesuch?

Last edited:

anon(4742778)

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
Hello everybody,
I have a bit of a problem with my iPhone....
I cannot get safari to remember my passwords for websites.

Basically when I log in to any site, it asks me if I want it to remember, I say yes, but next time i visit it is like new again.
I know this worked on iOS4 but not on iOS 5, it is also possible that this began after my jailbreak but I cannot remember exactly to be sure what is the cause.

I have tried:
Resetting the phone
Checking settings, private browsing is disabled, autofill is enabled, accept cookies is always, and was tried on from visited as well.
All cookies and data where cleared and tried again.
I have searched forums for fixes, and tried a few. I have used ifile to change permissions on the cookies folder.
I have also tried deleting its contents in hopes iphone would recreate a new set that worked properly, again this has not worked.
In a few forums it mentions that there is a cookies.plist file... I do not have this file, however I am not sure if I am supposed to have it as the forum was about ios4.
My cookies folder contains: .com.apple.itunesstored.2.splitedb and cookies.binarycookies

Does anyone have any idea how to fix this? I use log ins for both school and work so it is very annoying when I have to enter them several times a day.
Thank you for any suggetions
I've tried to recreate you issue, and I noticed that Safari does not save passwords for this forum, but I tested it on gmail and it worked just fine. I am running iOS 5.0.1 on an iPhone 4 GSM.
I think the main issue is that Safari is not recognizing certain login forms. I can say that this is not only affecting you and is not a bug. Hopefully Apple will refine the password saving feature in iOS 5.1

lenababyy

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
My issue is not with this forum and is definitely a bug.
Safari does not remember passwords for ANYTHING. Not ebay, facebook, email nothing.
Websites it did remember passwords for before.
It prompts to remember, I hit yes but it never remembers for any website

TiNuts

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
I use saving passwords to log in to the network at school. It brings up a login page when you first open safari. The page comes up with my username and password already inputted so all I have to do is hit submit/enter on my ipad where as the phone it still comes up with blank fields.

I don't have any problem with it keeping me logged in on forums, which, I'm pretty sure, is handled by cookies anyways.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillieJJ