Photos App Crashing

JM19

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site
I’m trying to backup/copy all my photos from my iPhone 12 to a local windows shared folder via the Files app. It’s a large amount of pictures/videos, around 12,000 total. After selecting all, I click on the share icon which should then prompt me where to share to and then I would select Save to Files and then select the shared folder to save them to. The problem though, after clicking on the share icon, the photos app crashes. I’ve tried multiple times but the same thing happens. If I select a handful of photos, then it works fine with no crashes.

Is this some kind of bug? Anybody know of a fix to this? Is there a set limit/max that can be saved at a time?

EdwinG

Ambassador
Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
I’m trying to backup/copy all my photos from my iPhone 12 to a local windows shared folder via the Files app. It’s a large amount of pictures/videos, around 12,000 total. After selecting all, I click on the share icon which should then prompt me where to share to and then I would select Save to Files and then select the shared folder to save them to. The problem though, after clicking on the share icon, the photos app crashes. I’ve tried multiple times but the same thing happens. If I select a handful of photos, then it works fine with no crashes.

Is this some kind of bug? Anybody know of a fix to this? Is there a set limit/max that can be saved at a time?
You might be hitting a hard limit that causes the Share Sheet to crash.

Personally, I would the iCloud app to directly copy the pictures from my account to a Windows computer.

Or, connect the device to my computer using a USB connection and copy the images using File Explorer.

JM19

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site
You might be hitting a hard limit that causes the Share Sheet to crash.

Personally, I would the iCloud app to directly copy the pictures from my account to a Windows computer.

Or, connect the device to my computer using a USB connection and copy the images using File Explorer.
Thanks. Will do this.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77