Requests for Apps Here!

tehflakes

Jul 25, 2008
Visit site
is this on I tunes?

Actually one was just released this weekend called Palringo. It does AIM, Google Talk, Yahoo, Gadu Gadu (who actually uses that?), Jabber, and of course, MSN.
They also claim to be able to send and receive picture messages, I just installed it yesterday and have been rather busy so I haven't been able to play around with it.

Libuff

Jun 10, 2008
Visit site
has anyone made an app to change "profiles".

Perhaps such that when one selects home, it turns on wifi, ****s off location services, disabled 3g. But when selected away from home, certain settings are changed. I don't want wifi on when I'm away from home.

jamesus

TiPb Forum Staff
Jul 10, 2008
Visit site
has anyone made an app to change "profiles".

Perhaps such that when one selects home, it turns on wifi, ****s off location services, disabled 3g. But when selected away from home, certain settings are changed. I don't want wifi on when I'm away from home.

+1 for this type of application.

Libuff

Jun 10, 2008
Visit site
I don't know why it censored switches. But I may have misspelled switches for the *****s. And I appologize. LOL.

Libuff

Jun 10, 2008
Visit site
i dunno if its possible, but today, i thought maybe even switch 3g when i browse the internet, since i really dont need 3g speed except for a few applicaitons, why not have a 3g chooser?

cholguin

Jul 22, 2008
Visit site
what about a app that gives you some of the convienence features of the blackberry. like a way to know if you have a missed call or new message when the screen is unlit or an autotext feature that lets you add custom shortcuts like u for you and bc for because. and I second the profiles idea both for sounds and wifi 3g etc.

Aug 12, 2008
Visit site
Other platforms have various security programs, where if you phone is stolen, you can send yourself a text message that will lock the phone, or erase it. Is such a thing possible with the iPhone?

Chris

Or to build on this somehow get your iPhone to send you its location remotely. This would be great if it was lost or stolen.

Also a good PDF reader that would make the text easy to read on the iPhone.

Alienware_51#IM

Aug 11, 2008
Visit site
Someone should make an App that allows you to track packages via Tracking Number, without going online to check at UPS.com, FedEx.com, dhl.com, etc....

They could allow the user to save all their tracking numbers they enter, so that when the user goes back into the app, the status of all the packages updates so that the user always has the most up-to-date information of their packages :)

What does everyone think??

BrotherNov

Jul 15, 2008
Visit site
Notes

I can't believe no one has mentioned an app that syncs notes from MS Outlook. I used the crap out of this functionality with my WinMo powered phones.

paulpenny#IM

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Every day we see more and more crap applications appearing on the APP store and yet two of the most obvious enhancements that would actually make a real difference to the usability of the phone remain unaddressed.

I need to divert my phone when in the car and yet there is no simple shortcut to doing so. Instead I have to go through Settings ->Phone-> Call Forwarding and toggle it on/off.

The calendar application is good but why no week view? There is screen space aplenty.

I can only assume that neither of these functions is possible due to Apple restricting access to system features.

robdam1001

Sep 19, 2008
Visit site
I need an app that can search contacts by typing in either part of the contact's name or telephone # like my trusty 'ol Sammy i760 WM 6.1 did for me. I second the request for a Sirius Player App like I had in WM environment.

Last edited:

Theta

Aug 14, 2004
www.forensicsguy.com
What I'd like to see (I've looked and a few come close), is an application that allows FTP downloads to the iPhone/iPod Touch, and also allows file access to your computer (in a similar way to Files or Air Share), but without the requirement of being on the same wifi network.

I'm out in the field sometimes, and I sometimes need to grab a file from a remote location to get on my laptop where there is no wifi network, or it's a closed system I'm not authorized to access.

spsands

Sep 10, 2008
www.twitter.com
there is an app in the app store for landscape email... were you joking? or just didnt know? I think they did a blog of it right here on this site.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dennis Anderson Julien