Mac Guy

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
Might be overboard in some people eyes

You know what works best for you better than anybody.

I will say (as I've said before) that cases on watches can trap fine debris between the Watch and the case. This can cause fine scratches on highly polished surfaces.

Bases on my experience, I can't recommend that any case be used on a SS Watch for the above reason. I tried one and got fine scratches in the SS with just one week's wear. I've tried buffing them out with limited success. I'll try again sometime, but given my success (lack thereof, actually) I'm not enthusiastic or hopeful.

But on an aluminum Watch with its textured bezel, I doubt there'd be any damage whatsoever. To be safe I'd remove and wash the case and wipe the Watch down every week or two.

I think even a sapphire glass will scratch in this case.

The problem is in the more extreme incidents that would only scratch the Ion-X glass, sapphire might (and I emphasize might) break instead of scratch.

The increased hardness of sapphire that resists scratches makes the display more brittle and subject to cracking or shattering where the the Ion-X glass would give some and merely scratch.

Both can be scratched and both can be broken, but their properties tend to favor one over the other. Both my Apple Watches and my SS Watch run bare naked and none have the slightest scratch on the display. But I've worn watches every day for a very long time and being careful with them is second nature. The exception are my Casio G-Shocks. Even then their displays look pristine.

All that said I say hard is better than soft and I prefer using protection when it doesn't get in the way. So I may look into the Armor Suit and Skinomi screen protectors.

The important thing is most of us have not experienced any real damage to our Watches. My sympathies to those who have.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SarahWilkerson