Question Question about activating 2nd eSIM on iPhone 15 PM

flyinion

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
I've never used dual sim/eSIM before. I thought I had read somewhere a while back that activating a 2nd eSIM would wipe installed apps/etc when you activate it? Is that accurate or did I get some misinformation? Looking to add a 2nd one for an upcoming vacation out of my home country. Phone is unlocked, bought & paid in full direct from Apple. It would be a royal pain if activating a 2nd eSIM caused you to have to re-download apps etc so I'm guessing I got some wrong info somewhere.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I am currently using two eSims on my iPhone, and have been since last summer. One is for Verizon and the other for T-Mobile. Note: I’ve been a Verizon customer for years, but the cell service is not like it used to be in my area so I opted to get a line with T-mobile to compare. Its service has been great, especially in the area where I work. Both struggle to get beyond one bar here at home.

Anyway, when I activated the eSIM for the T-mobile line, none of my apps or data were affected. It was business as usual with the addition of a second eSIM.

Last edited:

bakron1

Ambassador
Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
I am also looking at adding a second e sim to my iPhone 15 pro that was my twin brother Don’s old cell number, both are on T Mobile network so I have been waiting to hear from someone who has done this before. Thanks for the information.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77