Photostream not working

iwicked

Aug 6, 2013
Visit site
Hi Folks

My photostream has not been working for a while now. I tried updating itunes but no change. I tried deleting the photostream folder in my laptop and creating a new one, still no use. Now everytime I want to transfer photos to my iphone I need to email and save from the phone. Please help me out if you have any ideas. Thanks!

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Try disabling "My Photo Stream" in the photos settings, rebooting your device, and then re-enabling photostream.

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
And keep in mind your device needs to be on wifi for optimum use of photostream

And it will only show the last 100 photos on your phone

iwicked

Aug 6, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the responses guys. I tried disabling photo stream as you suggested. No change :(

I'm on wifi kataran.

wbkm85

Jul 21, 2013
Visit site
sign out of your iCloud account and then sign back in after you restart your iPhone

is it not syncing with another device? or just not showing up on the iPhone? that also matters..

iwicked

Aug 6, 2013
Visit site
sign out of your iCloud account and then sign back in after you restart your iPhone

is it not syncing with another device? or just not showing up on the iPhone? that also matters..

Signing out of iCloud account did it. Photostream is working fine now. Thanks so much for your help! :)

SewKatt

Jan 16, 2015
Visit site
My Photostream problem is in the reverse direction. My daughter sent me photos via Airdrop, into my iPhone 6 and they are there in the All Photos album. Photostream on my Mac Book never updated with these photos, although if I take a photo using the camera on the iPhone, those do come through. I turned off iCloud on the Mac Book, then turned it on again and it is now updating about 1600 photos from a really random time period, February 19, 2009, through December 19, 2013 (today in 01/15/2015). There are 2000 photos in the All Photos album on the iPhone. Any thoughts? Thank you.