Photo stream

theKHMERboy

May 12, 2013
Visit site
I am just discovering what photo stream is.. Was just wondering how many ppl out there actually use photo stream because I just found out about it and I know not much of my friends use it but I think it's cool u can share photo with iPhone friends and can comment on each other pic and stuff if they choose to share it with you? Do anyone use photo stream and what do y'all think about it?

thejasonhowell

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
I used to use it but in order to free up space on my 4S I ditched it and solely use the camera upload feature of Dropbox instead.

Sent from my jailbroken iPhone 4S using the iMore Forums app

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
I use it, it's an awesome way to get pictures on my Mac from my iPhone or iPad without acutally hooking them up. I like the idea but so far people haven't started to use it at least not the people I know so it hasn't worked out like I know it could. My brother has commented on a few pictures which was cool. I just wish more people knew aobut it fully, beyond the fact that you can use it to store pictures.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Saves me space and time in the long run. Especially when I can take photos with my iPhone wherever I am, and then edit or share them from my Mac when I get home. Or even use them on my PC at work.

TurboTiger

Nov 27, 2003
Visit site
I just shared 100 photo (500mb) with 3 family members via Photo Stream
Worked beautifully

They were initially emailed to all of us via a link to Dropbox.
So I downloaded the zip file to my MacBook Air ( using FireFox- Safari wouldn't do it).
So the other members of the family were happy.

Good Luck

Last edited:

theKHMERboy

May 12, 2013
Visit site
I use it, it's an awesome way to get pictures on my Mac from my iPhone or iPad without acutally hooking them up. I like the idea but so far people haven't started to use it at least not the people I know so it hasn't worked out like I know it could. My brother has commented on a few pictures which was cool. I just wish more people knew aobut it fully, beyond the fact that you can use it to store pictures.

Yes I agree I think if more ppl actually learn bout this and use it more I think it can be something interesting that all iPhone users can share.. I think apple need to advertise it more so more ppl would know about it

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Yes I agree I think if more ppl actually learn bout this and use it more I think it can be something interesting that all iPhone users can share.. I think apple need to advertise it more so more ppl would know about it

I don't think that's the issue. iPhone users are very aware of Photostream, however, I assume that with Instagram, Facebook, Flickr and other social sharing sites, they simply don't have a need for it. Heck, if I take a few photos with my iPhone and wanted to share them, I'll just send them via iMessage.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
I don't think that's the issue. iPhone users are very aware of Photostream, however, I assume that with Instagram, Facebook, Flickr and other social sharing sites, they simply don't have a need for it. Heck, if I take a few photos with my iPhone and wanted to share them, I'll just send them via iMessage.

I think you're right to a point. I think a lot of users also just don't understand what Photo Stream can really do. The other photo sharing networks out there is a huge part of why there is no need for most people to use Photo Stream but I think some just don't want to organize yet another set of pictures. Then I run into people all the time with their iPhones and iPads filled with pictures and they just have no idea they could put them on Photo Stream. It just seems like a much better way to share pictures with friends, family because once the pictures are uploaded they get notified. Again though the people need to have an Apple device so I guess there are just a whole lot of factors out there that kind of dim down the need for using it. It's a shame though because I think it does work really well.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I think you're right to a point. I think a lot of users also just don't understand what Photo Stream can really do. The other photo sharing networks out there is a huge part of why there is no need for most people to use Photo Stream but I think some just don't want to organize yet another set of pictures. Then I run into people all the time with their iPhones and iPads filled with pictures and they just have no idea they could put them on Photo Stream. It just seems like a much better way to share pictures with friends, family because once the pictures are uploaded they get notified. Again though the people need to have an Apple device so I guess there are just a whole lot of factors out there that kind of dim down the need for using it. It's a shame though because I think it does work really well.

Excellent response, my friend...:)...While reading it, all I could do was nod my head in agreement (laughing).

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Excellent response, my friend...:)...While reading it, all I could do was nod my head in agreement (laughing).

:) not to get off topic but I see the same thing all the time at work with Dropbox. People trying to send 100MB attachments in emails when Dropbox would be so much easier.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
:) not to get off topic but I see the same thing all the time at work with Dropbox. People trying to send 100MB attachments in emails when Dropbox would be so much easier.

I hear ya. I recently took had a photoshoot where I took about 100 photos of my daughter and her boyfriend as well as members of each family prior to the start of her prom. I was asked to email the photos. I was like, "no, but I'll email you a link to the photos"....;)

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
So which do you prefer? DropBox or iCloud link to Photo Stream?

I hear ya. I recently took had a photoshoot where I took about 100 photos of my daughter and her boyfriend as well as members of each family prior to the start of her prom. I was asked to email the photos. I was like, "no, but I'll email you a link to the photos"....;)

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Photos of significant are taken with my Nikon D90 and are saved to SkyDrive so I usually provide a SkyDrive link to those photos. Photos that I take via my iPhone are usually sent via iMessage or to Dropbox, depending on the amount, and are usually insignificant. I don't use Photostream but I often send out links to the contents in my Dropbox whether photos or documents. To answer your question, my answer is Dropbox.

theKHMERboy

May 12, 2013
Visit site
Questions about photo stream

I just started using photo stream not to long ago and it's useless and useful in a way.. But the two question I wanted to know is

Does photo stream only work on ios6 or can older iOS use it to?

And if you share your pics on photo stream does it take up any memory on your phone?

theKHMERboy

May 12, 2013
Visit site

That is true cause Instagram and stuff is all cross platform apps and photo stream is just for iOS users.. But I do like how I can link my photostream to my iPod touch n iPad as well of share pics from there and put it in my shared photo stream

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Re: Questions about photo stream

I just started using photo stream not to long ago and it's useless and useful in a way.. But the two question I wanted to know is

Does photo stream only work on ios6 or can older iOS use it to?

And if you share your pics on photo stream does it take up any memory on your phone?

Many of the things you need or may want to know about Photo Stream can be found at the link below:

Photo Stream | iMore.com

Duvi

Jun 17, 2008
Visit site

Wish you could set it up to have other users add to the stream. There is an app like that, but I rather have it through iOS, built-in.

Hoagie5252

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site

Wish you could set it up to have other users add to the stream. There is an app like that, but I rather have it through iOS, built-in.

I was about to say the same thing. If they added this feature I could see some real value in it

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77