Photo editing

MrMars

Jun 2, 2012
Visit site
This is driving me nuts! Ever since iOS 17 I haven’t figured out how to circle a particular area/object on a photo. It seems the procedure has changed in iOS 17. It used to be you could just add a circle shape to a photo, place it over the area on the photo you want and then choose done, and then the area would be circled. Now it seems like it just adds a shaded in shape directly over the photo.

EdwinG

Ambassador
Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
When adding the shape, you would need to adjust the colour controls at the bottom of the screen.

IMG_0739.jpeg

If you want to have a circle outline, you would need to tap on “Fill Colour” and set the opacity to 0%, then tap on “Border Colour” and set the the opacity to 100%.

Of course, it’s all configurable, so you can make it see-through if you want to.

MrMars

Jun 2, 2012
Visit site
When adding the shape, you would need to adjust the colour controls at the bottom of the screen.

View attachment 133269

If you want to have a circle outline, you would need to tap on “Fill Colour” and set the opacity to 0%, then tap on “Border Colour” and set the the opacity to 100%.

Of course, it’s all configurable, so you can make it see-through if you want to.

Thank you! Seems like a few more steps than it was previously. I’ll give it a shot.

MrMars

Jun 2, 2012
Visit site
For the life of me I still can’t figure it out. How can Apple think this is an improvement. It used to be so much easier!

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
This is driving me nuts! Ever since iOS 17 I haven’t figured out how to circle a particular area/object on a photo. It seems the procedure has changed in iOS 17. It used to be you could just add a circle shape to a photo, place it over the area on the photo you want and then choose done, and then the area would be circled. Now it seems like it just adds a shaded in shape directly over the photo.

Select the photo in the Photos app.
Select “Edit” at the top of the screen.
Tap the pen icon at the top of the screen.
Draw a circle around the object and then select “Done”.

MrMars

Jun 2, 2012
Visit site
Select the photo in the Photos app.
Select “Edit” at the top of the screen.
Tap the pen icon at the top of the screen.
Draw a circle around the object and then select “Done”.

It used to be you could place a circle around an area, size it and then tap done rather than draw one freehand .

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
It used to be you could place a circle around an area, size it and then tap done rather than draw one freehand .

Yeah, I know and it’s a shame that’s no longer available. The closest I see is selecting the + sign and then selecting the shape you want. It’s still not the same though. I selected a circle and it did allow me to place a circle on any portion of the image, but the circle covers the affected area. You have to move the slider to the left to get the circle to be transparent.

af0ca3e0a57b242faa7362659627534c.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: MrMars

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I can do it. And make the circle different colors, and thin or thick. It's not hard, but takes a few steps. Once you learn it, it doesn't take long.

Bring up image.
Tap "Edit".
Tap circled pencil at top.
Tap + at bottom right.
Tap add shape.
Choose circle.
Tap dark circle bottom left.
Choose color.
Tap light circle bottom right.
Choose color or move opacity slider far left for transparency inside circle.
Tap the 5 at bottom.
Use slider for circle line thickness.

e33e689ec8a853e67b37a49568eddefe.jpg

6b449b7208c587059eec1c3bf117d97b.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: MrMars

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member