Most over rated missing feature?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

stilgar

Feb 5, 2009
Visit site
Missing Feature

It's not MMS for those of us not in our teens. :D

I would love Redial. I had a phone that, if it heard a bizzy signal, would redial the number every 10 secs or so. Great feature!

It amazes me it isn't there. I may have to make an app if APPLE won't do it.

Leanna Lofte

App and photo editor
Sep 7, 2008
Visit site
It's not MMS for those of us not in our teens. :D

I would love Redial. I had a phone that, if it heard a bizzy signal, would redial the number every 10 secs or so. Great feature!

It amazes me it isn't there. I may have to make an app if APPLE won't do it.

Hey hey hey!... I'm not in my teens! :D

stilgar

Feb 5, 2009
Visit site
Ok, tweens. ; )

I am just calling too many places lately where the lines are always busy.
Without unlimited texting on the iPhone I just don't use it that much.

Leanna Lofte

App and photo editor
Sep 7, 2008
Visit site
Haha!

I just went to his facebook page to be stalker like and look up his age. But he only has his Month/Day of birthday listed!! No age!!

JustinHorn

Aug 3, 2008
whenwillapple.com
You know what's funny, is I still have yet to get 1 MMS to my iPhone. I know people have sent me MMS before and I never get them. I mean I don't even get the text with some password and URL. Strange...? Although I'm not complaining.

For some reason I don't like the word tweens?

thirdprize

Nov 18, 2008
Visit site
MMS is soooo overrated. 98% of the people who I talked to, email, text, or IM have email on their phones or have a smartphone and dont send MMS, they always email pics. The other 2% that I talked to dont even send MMS.

Shame it's not like that in the rest of the world.

AnteL0pe

Jul 21, 2005
Visit site
Gotta be MMS, i mean seriously who f'ing cares about this "feature." I used it once in a while on my Treo 650, but more often I was using Chatter to email pics.

Turn by Turn is a must have for me. I still have my Treo 650 around just to run my copy of TomTom. I'd love to be able to get that thing out of my car.

SaberSerene

Feb 7, 2009
Visit site
iPhone 3G and its missing features/software updates

Ok for one where is Copy/Paste? If we had it we could actually forward text messages. Which would be great. Second, I'm not crazy about MMS. I can live without it. but it becomes a pain to create each contact a mms custom label. Third, GPS needs a major update. Doesn't everyone want turn by turn directions? and how about a software update where the GPS recalculates. That would be good. Fourth, Life would be easier with landscape texting. Its a wider keyboard with more room to type. We crave it! Fifth, a better way to quit third party applications rather then holding down the home button for 5 seconds. There should be a certain app or slide down bar that quits apps. What do you think? post me a reply.

legendofdon

Dec 19, 2008
Visit site
I think having a landscape keyboard for typing SMS/emails would be pretty sweet. But I won't really mind if it never comes either. To me, its just not that big of a deal.

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
I think having a landscape keyboard for typing SMS/emails would be pretty sweet. But I won't really mind if it never comes either. To me, its just not that big of a deal.

You are right, the Tweetie app gives you a landscape keyboard and I actually shut it off. The way we have it now is best. IMO. But more options would not hurt.

Brickman

Nov 28, 2008
Visit site

You know that you can use TouchType and SMSTouch do do that? TouchType is free but SMSTouch is $2.99(??)ish. I have both and they are nice. I have gotten so use to typing in portrait mode though I do not use them much.;)

Rene Ritchie

Old Man Ritchie
Jan 12, 2007
www.about.me
I'm 36. BadAsh should know that -- precisely half his age!

(I can has jest 2?)

And I think we get lots of complaints from grand/parents who want to get pics from their grand/kids.

jhood25

Feb 11, 2009
Visit site
Haha i might get ripped for this cause i dont have an I-phone YETTTT but my brother does.

I voted copy and paste. I am coming from a pearl which does have copy and paste and i may have used it twice.

I do have a problem with the phone not having MMS not so much sending them because i don't, but i do wish it could receive them ha... Its just more convenient, like when when my brother was at the Philly car show and they had a sick subaru STI and he couldn't just send me the pic. (And for those of you who had had a blackberry, and use Blackberry Messenger its sooo simple.)

And for turn by turn, i could care less. It would be nice but its not like it should be mandatory.

bassface

Feb 11, 2009
Visit site
Personally I'd have to say turn by turn....

But I am surprised that C&P is running a close 2nd to MMS. I just switched from a crackberry to a 3G and the FIRST thing I encountered that was limiting my personal use was C&P.... and in regards to one post early stating that it's useless & most any need for it is taken care of in some other way... well maybe I'll change my mind after I fully get over the learning curve but I gotta say not being able to C&P from virtually anywhere to virtually anywhere is frustrating.

This ties into the MMS issue... Now personally I could care less about sendin a pic in this manner but it does seem to be the easiest & most cross platform compatible (aside from the occasional delivery issues noted earlier) but case in point.... someone sent me a MMS... what do I get but a text mssg w/ way less then human friendly (at least this human's short term memory can't handle that) msg id & a password? IMHO total BS... at the very least the url's should be specific to you in some fashion as to eliminate the need for a mssg ID & a password...

So what's the best practice for retrieving a MMS? I'm serious about that question, tho it's not like I get them very often anymore but I mean it seems quite ludicrous in the 21st century that I would need to jot down the ID & Password on papyrus or chisel it into a granite slab so I could nav to the url (at least that does something auto-magically for you) then type it in? I mean couldn't there be some sort of cookie set up so at the very least you might only have to verify some info to ensure security? I can under stand if they want to just dump em on a server & tell you to go get em...I'd be fine with that but the cryptic ID & Password crap has got to go....

And just for the record on my BB I used C&P on a very regular basis... from text msgs to emails & back, from web pages to contact lists, tasks etc... for me it's one of them things that once you put it in your bag of productivity tricks it can throw you off when it's not available and it's pretty infuriating to think I'd have to buy a 3rd party app regardless of price to give me functionality that is as old as dirt... hell even DOS had limited clipboard functionality.

Last edited:

Microcosmos

Sep 19, 2005
Visit site
I voted something else. That something else is: video recording! Now that we actually have all of the other features, is there something else that's missing that's waaay overrated? (ex: multitasking)

CarlyLyon

Jan 26, 2009
Visit site
combination of gps and copy and paste.. i would understand the copy and paste but as a business person its very useful... but i would love to see an app that would let the backlight on when charging after you get a missed call

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77