Missing Appointments and Appointments not updating

dcscott

Oct 30, 2011
Visit site
For me, one of the values of a smart watch is being able to see my appointments at a glance.

I'm having some issues with my Watch and perhaps it's due to the unique setup I am saddled with. My company runs on Outlook via a secure Exchange Server that is behind a corporate firewall. The calendar app on my iPhone is kept up to date (as is the mail app) via an iPhone app called MobileIron which pulls info from our Exchange Server and pushes it out to the Mail and Calendar apps on my iPhone and my iPad.

The Calendar on my iPhone is always, without fail, in sync with my Outlook calendar. However the calendar on my watch is often out of sync with the calendar on my phone. Right now, for example, my phone calendar shows an appointment coming up in about 8 minutes. That appointment is totally missing from my watch. Yet the reminder that the appointment was going to be in 15 minutes did pop up on my watch.

If I go into Outlook and cancel or reschedule a meeting, those changes are immediately reflected on my phone but seldom get changed on my watch. What's most frustrating is that I can't seem to discern a pattern as to why some changes/additions get synced to the watch and some do not. I have found that if I shut the watch off and restart it that it syncs with the phone and then has the correct information.

Mirror my iPhone is turned of for the Calendar function and Shared Calendar Changes is also on.

Is there any way to force it to sync periodically other than turning it off and back on?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I don't know because, thus far, my Watch is synced and has been synced with my iPhone without any issues. If you haven't already, un-pair your  lWatch from your iPhone and then pair it again.

dcscott

Oct 30, 2011
Visit site
I just found 4 pages of comments on the support forum with folks having the same issue. Syncing between the iPhone calendar and the Watch seems to be buggy.

lv1

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I just found 4 pages of comments on the support forum with folks having the same issue. Syncing between the iPhone calendar and the Watch seems to be buggy.

I have a similar setup but have not experienced any problems syncing appointments between phone and watch. We are on exchange at work and I have ICloud installed so I have both my ICloud (Personal) calendar and work calendars on Outlook and copy work appointments over to ICloud calendar. All of the appointments then appear on my IPhone and Watch. On the Watch App on the Phone I have Show in Glances slider as green and Mirror Phone checked. You might try a 2 button reset on the Phone and Watch.

Which forum where you referring to by the way?

dcscott

Oct 30, 2011
Visit site
Iv1 there is one big difference between your setup and mine. I do not copy my outlook appointments over to my iCloud calendar. I just turned on the feature to copy my iPhone calendar over to iCloud. Perhaps that will help although I don't know why. It seems to me that if the iPhone calendar is correct that the watch should be as well, given that it supposedly gets all it's info from the phone.

I have rebooted both the phone and the watch. Doesn't seem to help. Just this morning I had an 8 am meeting that is a recurring weekly meeting that has been on my calendar for over 6 months. Last week it showed up on my watch but today it was not there.

Here is the forum I referred to. Seems like I'm not the only one having issues.

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/7015399

lv1

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Iv1 there is one big difference between your setup and mine. I do not copy my outlook appointments over to my iCloud calendar. I just turned on the feature to copy my iPhone calendar over to iCloud. Perhaps that will help although I don't know why. It seems to me that if the iPhone calendar is correct that the watch should be as well, given that it supposedly gets all it's info from the phone.

I have rebooted both the phone and the watch. Doesn't seem to help. Just this morning I had an 8 am meeting that is a recurring weekly meeting that has been on my calendar for over 6 months. Last week it showed up on my watch but today it was not there.

Here is the forum I referred to. Seems like I'm not the only one having issues.

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/7015399

I agree that if the iPhone gets the appointment then the watch should have it also. Are you using the default calendar app on the watch and is that the one that is active "Mirror" iPhone?

dcscott

Oct 30, 2011
Visit site
Yes I am using the default calendar app on the iPhone and on the Watch. As I stated earlier, the calendar app on the iPhone is ALWAYS in sync with my Outlook calendar. It has been for the past 4 years without exception. I'm at a loss as to why the default calendar app on my Watch can't stay in sync with my phone. I could even handle a delay but when the differences never get resolved it ceases to be trustworthy.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77