iTunes 10 Thoughts

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
It wasn't jobs fault FB wasn't kept on Ping, FB's reps said their servers were not ready for the influx, and basically wanted to be paid for a ton of free traffic...way I see it, FB shot themselves in the foot, especially since the benefits they'd gain down the road being partnered with the biggest digital music distributor far outweigh the cost prepping servers for the incoming traffic.

People will always assume it was apple though...

Sep 13, 2010
Visit site
I actually like the idea of Ping. I am always looking for new music that I just don't hear on my local radio stations and trying to continually add to the collection on my iPod. What better way to find new music than inside the program I use so much for my iPhone 4 and iPod?

I do agree that the update could use some tweaking, but overall, I don't mind it. I do like the new icon though.

iquinn

Jul 4, 2009
Visit site
So now that I have been using both iTunes 10 and Ping for the last week and a half I wanted to share some of my thoughts about Ping and to a lesser extent about iTunes 10 overall. First and foremost I must say that I really do think that Ping adds real value to iTunes and is a very cool way to find other people that share the same musical tastes that I do. That said I will agree that it needs some work before it could even be considered a "killer app" but I think that it shows real promise and I have high hopes for the future. As for some of the negative things that I have heard about Ping such as it not being integrated with FB and other social networks. For me that is not really much of a negative, I kinda enjoy not having my FB page clogged up with things that are not posted my my family and friends.

As for iTunes 10 overall I feel like I have to point out that I use a mac and thus I do not experience any of the performance issues that some Windows users seem to have. With that in mind I do Apple made some mistakes with this version. Small things like removing the colors seem to be a real issue for many and while I like the new look I think that Apple should have put an option into preferences so that users would have a simple way to get the color back into it.

Overall I am happy with both iTunes 10 and Ping while at the same time I want to see more. As Chad Garret said during the iPhone Live podcast Ping needs to grow to include both Podcasts and Apps. I know that for me I would love to be able to have a way to see what Apps my friends are using and I could see it as way to make more sense of the 250,000+ Apps that make up the App Store.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77