Uh, so my iTunes Library was deleted...

jwg2695

Jun 12, 2023
Visit site
So, yesterday, I was trying to fix my iTunes via the iMyFone TunesFix software, and in

trying to delete the Windows version, I guess I also deleted my entire iTunes Library. For

those unfamiliar with the software, the app has a function titled "Completely Uninstall

iTunes" and I guess "Also delete user data" was check marked. The software

apparently deleted everything. Not just my movies & music, but also my backups and

everything else. Now, usually, programs like that send deleted files to the Recycling

Bin (or $Recycle.Bin), but my files appear to be gone without a trace.

It's not all 100% lost as I have most music files on my older laptops, in my "Music" and

"Downloads" folders, and in my Purchase History on iTunes. It's just a lot more

tedious to put it all back together, and remember what I added to iTunes between the old

laptop and the current one.

Anyone have any tips or tricks to recover what was lost? Anyone familiar with iMyFone

TunesFix? Anyone have something similar happen to them? Help would be greatly

appreciated. Thank you.

P.S. I should note that I am working from Windows 10.

EdwinG

Ambassador
Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
Unfortunately, your options will be quite limited. If the space was marked as free by the operating system, which it seems it was, then any application can get the space that was used by your files allocated to them.

First thing to do is to cease using that computer immediately, that will prevent your information from being overwritten.

Taking the drive from the computer and connecting to another one using Thunderbolt or USB type C, you could use a file recovery application and try to recover your files to another drive. A Windows app that I used over 12 years ago that could do this is Recuva; I do not know if it is still good at doing so.

Once you recovered your files, you can reconnect the drive back into the original computer and then copy the files on to it.

I hope it helps.

Mars20

Nov 28, 2017
Visit site
So, yesterday, I was trying to fix my iTunes via the iMyFone TunesFix software, and in

trying to delete the Windows version, I guess I also deleted my entire iTunes Library. For

those unfamiliar with the software, the app has a function titled "Completely Uninstall

iTunes" and I guess "Also delete user data" was check marked. The software

apparently deleted everything. Not just my movies & music, but also my backups and

everything else. Now, usually, programs like that send deleted files to the Recycling

Bin (or $Recycle.Bin), but my files appear to be gone without a trace.

It's not all 100% lost as I have most music files on my older laptops, in my "Music" and

"Downloads" folders, and in my Purchase History on iTunes. It's just a lot more

tedious to put it all back together, and remember what I added to iTunes between the old

laptop and the current one.

Anyone have any tips or tricks to recover what was lost? Anyone familiar with iMyFone

TunesFix? Anyone have something similar happen to them? Help would be greatly

appreciated. Thank you.

P.S. I should note that I am working from Windows 10.
Even if you have deleted them, any tunes you have purchased from Apple can be re-downloaded.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77