Issues: iPhone X or iOS 11

TylerLV76

Dec 23, 2017
Visit site
So this past 2 weeks Ive turned off my Note 8 and used the iPhone X exclusively, mainly due to getting the Apple watch. Ive been having a bunch of issues and honestly getting pretty irritated by them.

Reoccurring issues are random blurred screen, notifications sometimes dont come through, phone disconnects from the watch, apps freezing briefly or getting laggy, mail app yesterday would crash if I opened an email, “N” networks extremely unstable and the most aggravating of them all is 3rd party apps in CarPlay (iheartradio etc.) completely freeze requiring me to unplug and plug back in at which point they freeze again. This renders my sync 3 system unusable.

Ive tested another X in my CarPlay and it does the same thing but a 6S works fine.

Ive reset my phone probably 6 times since last Monday. The last 2 times Ive set it up as new and not done a restore. Im on the verge of getting a replacement from Apple but am rather sick of setting up my phone.

Is iOS 11 just that bad or is my phone a dud? Im a pretty calm person but today I came very close to launching my phone across my shop. I tried the iOS 11.3 beta to see if some things were fixed but didnt want to deal with the bugs and CarPlay was still a mess.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
What you’re experiencing is not normal. I recommend you take the time to restore your device and set it up as new.

TylerLV76

Dec 23, 2017
Visit site
The CarPlay one is driving me nuts. Im sitting in my garage trying to figure it out and right now its running perfectly. Ive been running it for 15 minutes and has yet to freeze. Ive even engaged my reverse camera thinking that was knocking out the connection.

Havent changed anything or done anything different. Just sitting in park watching it work perfectly. 3 hours ago, on my way home, it froze in 30 seconds.

Makes absolutely no sense.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I’m sorry you’re having such a problem. Have you tried making an appointment with the Genius Bar or contacting Apple Support?

TylerLV76

Dec 23, 2017
Visit site
I’m sorry you’re having such a problem. Have you tried making an appointment with the Genius Bar or contacting Apple Support?

Not yet, Im trying to avoid that. As dumb as it sounds, I have a screen protector that went on absolutely perfect and not sure I can so that a second time lol. Im first going to talk to some folks at Ford and see if we can figure the CarPlay issue out with some other vehicles at the dealership.

Ive been able to find reports of the other issues so Im not alone in those, especially the blurred screen. The notifications problem has to be software related. The one that may force me to go to Apple is the network connection issue. That one, Im afraid, may be hardware related.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77