iPad with battery issues

atarinerd93

Mar 6, 2018
Visit site
I’m hoping this is the right place to post overall. I recently bought a second hand iPad Pro 9.7. And I really like it so far. But I’ve been having issues overall with the battery. First, it was draining in “spurts”, so it’d go from 97% power to 94 in like 2 minutes. Then stay on 94 for like 10-15, so I think the battery had to be calibrated. Which I just did and it seems like it’s going down normally 1% at a time, so that’s solved I think, but it’s still draining relatively quickly and this is where I need help/suggestions. I even reset it as a new iPad. Complete restore. It drains about 15% every hour, which equals to about 5.75 or 6 hours so full usage battery life (screen on, web browsing, streaming etc) and it just seems fast to me. Is 6 hours of battery life normal or this iPad (it’s at 60% brightness with WiFi on, location on, etc.) I thought it lasts 10 hours? Is there anything I can do to make the battery last longer? I shut off location services, turned of background app refresh etc,. And it still gets about 5-6 hours of life. Should I upset to the 11.4 beta? Does that help battery life any? Is the battery jut dying And needs to be replaced? Any help/suggestions are appreciated. Thanks for reading and helping with this ahead of time.

Last edited:

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com
It's hard to say because you don't know how the iPad was treated before you got it. If someone was a heavy user and having to charge it all the time it might be normal. Also, after first setting up it takes a few days for the battery to settle in. There's a lot of background processes running when a device is set up as new.

Edit: If the original owner got it around release it would be a little over 2 years old which is when batteries start to lose charge faster as well.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
In addition, are you referring to 6 hours of constant use? How many social apps do have installed that could be constantly syncing in the background?

atarinerd93

Mar 6, 2018
Visit site
5-6 hours constant use. And yeah, that’s true (I don’t know the condition of battery/how old it is) is there a way to check besides going to the Apple store?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77