iPhone 15 Pro Max dimensions

EdwinG

Ambassador
Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
I went to the Apple Store earlier to see the physical dimensions of the iPhone 15 Pro Max.

My first impressions are: this device is huge. It is really way too big, even with Reachability enabled. It barely fits in the palm of my own hand.

I really wish Apple made a iPhone Pro model with the battery life of the iPhone Pro Max, but physics prevents that (right now).

So it left me wondering:
  1. How are people using these devices (one handed, two handed)?
  2. How do they like the size of the phone?

IMG_4251.jpeg

o4liberty

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
Owned mine for less than 24 hours and love the size coming from a pro model. Remember there is reachable mode to help you reach with one hand and as far as size goes it’s not that much bigger than the pro model.

Reactions: EdwinG

EdwinG

Ambassador
Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
Owned mine for less than 24 hours and love the size coming from a pro model. Remember there is reachable mode to help you reach with one hand and as far as size goes it’s not that much bigger than the pro model.
That’s the thing.

Even with Reachability active, I can’t reach the corners. And it’s a feature I use regularly on my iPhone 11 Pro.

EdwinG

Ambassador
Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
I mean it it’s not much bigger than the pro give it a try.
I probably will. The battery life is the important feature for me; my phone has currently about 5-6 hours of autonomy before reaching 20% SoC.

I'm going to go from an iPhone 11 Pro, which - I think - is the smallest iPhone Pro ever made 😅

EdwinG

Ambassador
Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
So, the data transfer was painful, mostly because it's all manual.

I decided to start fresh on this iPhone, because I was suspecting some form of iOS corruption on my iPhone 11 Pro. It turns out that I was correct.
My Apple Watch had to be completely reset from scratch, because (1) I was not offered the option of transferring it on the iPhone 15 Pro Max, and (2) when I unpaired it from the iPhone 11 Pro, it never backed it up (or even ask to do so). I was only left with my my Apple Watch Series 0's backup from *checks notes* October 2018. Apple really needs to decouple the Apple Watch from the iPhone on that front.

The eSIM transfer went smoothly however, more than nanoSIM transfer from the iPhone 6s to the 11 Pro.

But, boy, do I wish there was a settings synchronization setting. There are thousands of settings, and going through each one is a PITA.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77