iOs 10 photos keep saying 'Uploading 100,000' items....

burdell1

Aug 26, 2011
Visit site
I have a LOT of photos in my iCloud account...Over 100,000 actually (it is a combination of photos i took with my iPhone and ones that I took with my actual camera)....However, lately it keeps saying that it is 'Uploading 100,000' photos...then over the course of the day...the number it is says it is uploading gets smaller and smaller...then eventually it starts over to the over 100,000. It keeps doing this over and over..Also, when it does this my iPhone becomes really really sluggish and it eats up the battery much quicker than normal. Is there a trick to getting it to stop doing this cycle? I have tried turning off my iCloud photos account on my iPhone and turning it back on but it didn't help. On my iMac, however, it works normally. One thing I did do differently was i started up my old MacBook Pro which only uses Yosemite. Not sure if that would affect anything though...Also, for awhile i had the iOS 11 beta on my iPad as well, but now i reverted back to iOS 10 (i didn't update to iOS 11 on my iPhone though.)

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Does the entire lot of pics exceed your iCloud limit then you’re going to experience issues. Anyway, I recommend you contact Apple Support and have them take a look from their end.

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
When your photos are being uploaded to iCloud, it uses this method of uploading via a slow based connection in order to not affect your internet speed. Hence why it takes forever to upload these photos. If you go to www.icloud.com you can check whether your photos have been uploaded or not. If it's not uploading at all, please do contact Apple

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BigBawseEB