I tapped the reset all feature by mistake

I

iMore Question

please help me with my mini ipad, by mistake tapped the reset all button and now it just shows me the apple on my black screen. I am not got with computers so I do make mistakes sometimes.............please tell me what to do to start my ipad again

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
You could not have "accidentally" hit the "reset all" button because it prompts you twice (and for a password if you use one).

If you reset your iPhone, you'll probably need to restore it. Hopefully you had a backup before you did this, otherwise you'll have to start over fresh in iTunes.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
You could not have "accidentally" hit the "reset all" button because it prompts you twice (and for a password if you use one).

If you reset your iPhone, you'll probably need to restore it. Hopefully you had a backup before you did this, otherwise you'll have to start over fresh in iTunes.
Oh I hate when you hold back Sean, Just tell it like it is will ya!!:biggrin:

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Well I mean it's the truth...it'd be like "accidentally" jailbreaking your device or something...it just can't happen, because it's not a singular action that does it. You'd have to literally just hit buttons without looking at the screen several times, and if you do that, god help you.

iOS Gravity

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
help with ipad

Put it in DFU mode and restore it using iTunes. If there is a bar under the Apple logo, that means that it's deleting all of your data. You will just have to wait it out.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Well I mean it's the truth...it'd be like "accidentally" jailbreaking your device or something...it just can't happen, because it's not a singular action that does it. You'd have to literally just hit buttons without looking at the screen several times, and if you do that, god help you.
I knowwww, Just messing with you!! :)