Question MB Air 2011 startup issues

bigdavecox90

Apr 8, 2023
Visit site
Hi all,

Looking for some advice please, upon trying to start up my MB Air 2011, I am now encountering the question mark folder. Sometimes it starts up and works for about 5 minutes then freezes with the rainbow wheel and does nothing.

I’ve tried to enter disk recovery and see no HDD option? Is this because it’s corrupt?

I’ve also restarted and pressed the D key and getting the following message (attached)

Although I’ve owned this Mac for years, I’m far from an expert so any support would be appreciated.

Anything I can do to fix?

Thanks

Dave

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    893.8 KB · Views: 45

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I don’t have a Mac, but wanted to say hello and welcome to iMore. I’m positive you will get good suggestions on your situation.

EdwinG

Ambassador
Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
Hi all,

Looking for some advice please, upon trying to start up my MB Air 2011, I am now encountering the question mark folder. Sometimes it starts up and works for about 5 minutes then freezes with the rainbow wheel and does nothing.

I’ve tried to enter disk recovery and see no HDD option? Is this because it’s corrupt?

I’ve also restarted and pressed the D key and getting the following message (attached)

Although I’ve owned this Mac for years, I’m far from an expert so any support would be appreciated.

Anything I can do to fix?

Thanks

Dave

Try to start the Recovery system and launch “Disk Utility”.
The follow-up question is: do you see any volumes?

The first two sections of this Apple Support document should help identify the answer those follow-up question: https://support.apple.com/en-ca/HT210898

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77