How much is my iPad worth?

Status
Not open for further replies.

erodriguez3

Apr 12, 2013
Visit site
In the next few months, before the 5th generation iPad comes out, I want to sell my 16GB iPad 2. The iPad is in almost perfect condition. It has a few tiny dot sized scratches in both bottom corners. Besides that it is flawless. I want to know how much it is worth. How much is it worth alone? And if I bundled a 100 $ Logitech Bluetooth keyboard (that works as a smart cover), a wall charger, and a rubberized plastic case (5 $)how much value wpuld it add?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Your best bet is to go to various trade sites and see what the going rate is for the iPad 2 and then adjust your selling price accordingly. Whatever you decide to do, if you plan on posting it for sale here in the Marketplace section of the forum, be sure to follow the guidelines. You can read the guidelines HERE.

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
You can get a refurbished one from apple for $319 and that comes with a year warrantee and is in like new condition. My guess would be maybe $300 with the keyboard. It's two generations soon to be 3 generations old.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
You could prob get 220 to 240 for it now if you wait till 5th gen I'm sure you can still get 200 min

Sent from my iPhone 5 from a galaxy far far away (in the USA ) using Tapatalk !

dieselboy28

May 1, 2009
Visit site
iPads hold their value and I consistently see 275 to 320 for 2nd gen. I personally think you can extract more value by unbundling the keyboard and accessories.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2

androidluvr2

Mar 30, 2013
Visit site
I personally think you can extract more value by unbundling the keyboard and accessories.
If you are talking about selling locally on craig's list maybe, but when you sell online, the additional shipping costs can make it not worth it to sell separately. And then there is the issue of the extra time/hassle of selling separately. For big ticket items, fine, but the smaller ticket items, it is just not worth the time after you pay the shipping costs.

dieselboy28

May 1, 2009
Visit site
Yes, if you want the most money then you'll have to do local sales which cut out the profit for eBay and shipping but is more Time consuming. Depends what's more important.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2

androidluvr2

Mar 30, 2013
Visit site
I still don't comprehend if you could buy one from apple for $319 why anyone would pay more for a used one.
Educated consumers wouldn't. You also have international buyers who can't get the refurbs directly from apple, but then you have the shipping costs to factor in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vincie855