Apple TV 4K could become a must buy in 2024 — and the inspiration for how it could work is hiding in plain sight with iPad

Charon_Sin

Dec 29, 2023
Visit site
As a fellow Apple TV user I totally agree with this strategy. I have been a user and fan of the Apple TV for years now and have viewed it as the best streaming OS and device. While other streaming operating systems have gotten better in recent years the Apple TV OS was the best when it debuted. Apple should offer the Apple TV at a lower price, maybe make it a package deal with a lower price when you subscribe to Apple TV+.
Heck Direct TV offered a free Apple TV if you subscribed to the Direct TV streaming service. Apple could do some deal with a $30 for an Apple TV when you pay for a year of Apple TV+.

zaph2

Jun 19, 2015
Visit site
While I have a couple AppleTVs I also have a couple of current LG TVs and each has apps and one of the apps is: AppleTV. I don't need an Apple "AppleTV" box to use AppleTV, it is built in for free with the TV!
This may be the AppleTV of the future!

Jumper55

Dec 30, 2023
Visit site
Until Apple can fix their problem with Dolby true HD no thanks the Nvidia Shield is a much better device I use a Samsung 990c Sound Bar and I looked into the Apple TV but because it does not support that because it is a limitation of the hardware apparently and apple doesn't want to pay the royalty for it then I have to go with the Nvidia Shield. That is what would truly make this a must bite item is if they would support all video and audio formats, there is also no pass through support and it only supports lossy audio formats.

scruffypig

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site
Until Apple can fix their problem with Dolby true HD no thanks the Nvidia Shield is a much better device I use a Samsung 990c Sound Bar and I looked into the Apple TV but because it does not support that because it is a limitation of the hardware apparently and apple doesn't want to pay the royalty for it then I have to go with the Nvidia Shield. That is what would truly make this a must bite item is if they would support all video and audio formats, there is also no pass through support and it only supports lossy audio formats.
Well, we all know Apple’s stance on Lossless audio. Apple probably sees Dolby TrueHD as not very profitable, in favor of the far more popular Dolby Atmos.

Here are the audio formats Apple TV 4K supports and it does support Lossless:

• HE-AAC (V1), AAC (up to 320 Kbps), protected AAC (from iTunes Store), MP3 (up to 320 Kbps), MP3 VBR, Apple Lossless, FLAC, AIFF, and WAV; AC-3 (Dolby Digital 5.1), E-AC-3 (Dolby Digital Plus 7.1 surround sound), and Dolby Atmos

Last edited:

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site

Are you talking about the 5 year old nvdia shield or the 7 year old nvdia shield.

Just picked up the new Apple TV 4K with the A15 Bionic a couple months back, never even considered a 5 year old Nvidia shield.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77