Why is my iPad Air 2 flickering after update to iPadOS 15.7?

shinyapple

Oct 21, 2022
Visit site
I use an iPad Air 2, and sometime back in February 2022, I updated the OS to iPadOS 15.1, and a few days later, the screen began to flicker and get unstable in the display, I thought it was a hardware problem, but after a few days, it got Ok and it never showed up again until I updated it to iPadOS 15.7 last month.

Now, the flickering has gotten worse, it tears the phone's screen display, what do I do? How do I fix it?

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I use an iPad Air 2, and sometime back in February 2022, I updated the OS to iPadOS 15.1, and a few days later, the screen began to flicker and get unstable in the display, I thought it was a hardware problem, but after a few days, it got Ok and it never showed up again until I updated it to iPadOS 15.7 last month.

Now, the flickering has gotten worse, it tears the phone's screen display, what do I do? How do I fix it?

First of all, hello and welcome to iMore. I'm sorry you're having this issue. We have an iPad Air 2, and I asked my husband if he noticed any flickering and he has not. Have you considered contacting Apple Support?

Up_And_Away

Aug 27, 2021
Visit site

I think that is a 2014 or 2015 product. I don't like to be the bearer of bad news but a 7+ year old device seeing screen issues is not a good sign. Suggestions: first, make sure at minimum photos, videos and documents are backed up! Second, try a forced reboot/restart (all apps get closed). Third, (see first rule beforehand!) do a full reset. You will be required to have your AppleID login info.

You could take it in for a diagnosis but IMHO I would not spend any tangible money for repair. it just will not be a good value at this point. You are better off putting that money to a new iPad purchase or a refurbished (Gen 9 iPad can be bought for mid 200s. It will mostly be an upgrade from the Air 2 and its longevity value will be substantially bigger). BOL

shinyapple

Oct 21, 2022
Visit site
First of all, hello and welcome to iMore. I'm sorry you're having this issue. We have an iPad Air 2, and I asked my husband if he noticed any flickering and he has not. Have you considered contacting Apple Support?

Hi Annie, thank you for your reply, I'm glad you did.

No, I have not contacted Apple Support, but I will, now that you have suggested that.

Thank you once again.

shinyapple

Oct 21, 2022
Visit site
I think that is a 2014 or 2015 product. I don't like to be the bearer of bad news but a 7+ year old device seeing screen issues is not a good sign. Suggestions: first, make sure at minimum photos, videos and documents are backed up! Second, try a forced reboot/restart (all apps get closed). Third, (see first rule beforehand!) do a full reset. You will be required to have your AppleID login info.

You could take it in for a diagnosis but IMHO I would not spend any tangible money for repair. it just will not be a good value at this point. You are better off putting that money to a new iPad purchase or a refurbished (Gen 9 iPad can be bought for mid 200s. It will mostly be an upgrade from the Air 2 and its longevity value will be substantially bigger). BOL

Thank you so much for your reply.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77