screen flicker in dimly lit environment post update to watch os8

xraiderv1

Mar 10, 2020
Visit site
so, I have an apple watch SE, and about 15-20 days after I got it, we got ios 15/watch os 8.

fast forward to last tuesday, I'm lounging in bed at about 1:30am-2am reading on my fire tablet, and happen to glance at my watch to check the time(tablet was in full screen mode, no time displayed) and noticed the display was flickering.

the watchface I had set..was the photos watchface with weather complication.(alot of my photos have dark tones..I'm an astronomy nut)

so I switched to one of the modular watchfaces...same result just not as apparent.

I swiped up to access the control center..and hoo boy was it readily apparent here, where there are lots of grey tones.

Next, I go into settings...REALLY apparent here.

I did some research..there are ALOT of apple watch users on apple's own forums, and over on reddit seeing this(affected users range from apple watch 3 all the way to the currently available flagship watch 6)

so I decided to contact apple, the agent agreed something didn't sound right, so I unpaired it and prepped it to ship.

they were NOT able to reproduce the issue, but more likely than not did NOT test in a dimly lit environment.

anyone else seeing this?

xraiderv1

Mar 10, 2020
Visit site
welp..if it happens again, I'll take a video and supply it to apple..I may well end up taking it to the store at the mall thats about half an hour's drive from me.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I've not seen this behavior on my Watch (series 3). It would be very annoying, and I hope that you are able to find a solution soon!

xraiderv1

Mar 10, 2020
Visit site
welp..got the watch back, and just glanced at the display and its doing it still. I guess I'll just have to deal with it..and if it gets to be enough of an annoyance I'll take it into an apple store.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77