Google sync - iPhone calendar does not display anniversaries and holidays.

shinbone

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I have gmail set up thru exchange and the following will not display on my iPhone calendar (it does display on computer/web):

1. contact wedding anniversaries
2. U.S. Holidays

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

scorpiodsu

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
It only shows events on the calendar. So if your events (weddings, anniversaries etc..) are not on the calendar then it's not going to show up. Contact details do not show on the calendar. I wish it did though. The only free workaround that I found was in iCal on a Mac you can select "show birthdays" or other dates and they now are in the calendar. And since that is already synced with Google it pushes to my phone in a few minutes. There are probably apps that do it but I'm not sure. Definitely one of the things missing when it comes to productivity.

shinbone

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Contact birthdays seem to be the only "contact detail" that shows up on the iPhone calendar.

Thanks 4 the response. I'd check a "thank you" but don't see that option on "tapatalk"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

scorpiodsu

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
For holidays and other calendars you can go here and subscribe to them on your device:

iCal World - Calendar Hosting & Library

Just act as if you are adding a new email account but select "other" then "subscribed calendar". The put the address where the calendar is located and it will appear on your iPhone calendar. I have holiday calendar I am subscribed to and it's updated for each year.

shinbone

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
For holidays and other calendars you can go here and subscribe to them on your device:

iCal World - Calendar Hosting & Library

Just act as if you are adding a new email account but select "other" then "subscribed calendar". The put the address where the calendar is located and it will appear on your iPhone calendar. I have holiday calendar I am subscribed to and it's updated for each year.

Don't know if it makes a difference, but I'm using PC/Windows 7. I am subscribed to "US Holidays" and see that it does not sync over to my iphone.

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site
It works fine for me and my fiancee. We have shared calendars. You may have to go into your calendar settings in gmail and enable the syncing of those other calendars.

chrstdvd

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
I set up my daughters birthday on my calendar about 5 weeks ago in this D2. Sat I got notificaion msg on he my iPod touch and D2. It does work but I. Can not tell U how on the iPhon, just that it is possible without geting an app.

Joe..Cool

Jun 12, 2009
Visit site
If you have other calenders in your gmail account. Go to m.google.com/sync on your phone, log in, select your last sync. It should show a list of calendars that are in your gmail acct. select the ones you want. Then open the calendar app and they should be there shortly.

shinbone

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
If you have other calenders in your gmail account. Go to m.google.com/sync on your phone, log in, select your last sync. It should show a list of calendars that are in your gmail acct. select the ones you want. Then open the calendar app and they should be there shortly.

I only have 1 calendar on my gmail account. Everything syncs fine thru exchange. The only things that still don't show up on my iPhone calendar is my contact anniversaries and US Holidays (which I'm subscribed to in google calendar). When I go to this link: http://www.google.com/calendar/iphoneselect to modify sync settings, "US Holidays" and "Contacts' birthdays and events" are "Not available for syncing" (although all of my contact birthdays are syncing/showing up on my iPhone calendar . . .

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
linglihemu8988