Food Delivery Apps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
It's Friday, it's raining and I have no plans for lunch. I'm sick of eating at the cafeteria at work, so I'm contemplating ordering in. There are a few eateries nearby, but I'm not in the mood for pizza or Panera. So I'm thinking about using Door Dash, and it occurred to me that it might be fun to explore other food delivery apps.

I pretty much use [URL="https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/doordash-order-food-delivery/id719972451?mt=8&at=10l3Vy]Door Dash[/URL] exclusively. It's a great app and really easy to use. I have great success when I use it from home, but it's not as full proof when I use it for deliveries to my office. I work at a university, so my building doesn't have its own address... and while I have provided clear instructions on how to find me, drivers don't always seem to read them. To be clear, my frustration is with the human element, and not the app itself! I will say that Door Dash's customer service is outstanding! They go above and beyond to ensure customer satisfaction, and I continue to use them because of that.

It's nice to have options however, so I've contemplated using [URL="https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/uber-eats-food-delivery/id1058959277?mt=8&at=10l3Vy]Uber Eats[/URL], but the delivery fee seems a little steep. Door Dash's delivery fees are more competitive, and if you order after the rush, the fees are often less.

I've also looked at [URL="https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/grubhub-local-food-delivery/id302920553?mt=8&at=10l3Vy]Grub Hub[/URL], and the list of restaurants isn't as appealing.

So, I'm looking for suggestions and recommendations. Do you have experience with any of the three Apps I've mentioned? Or, other apps out there that offer the same service that you'd like to share?

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
That's about it, unless there's one more local to your area. We have one here called GrubSouth. They have an app, but are local to the North Alabama area. There was another local one called ShoalsTakeOut. They were online only, but are going out of business.
DoorDash is nice and have a wide selection of restaurants here. I have 6 days left to get free delivery.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I’ve used Grub Hub, TakeOut Central and Postmates, and they all did well for me.

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
I’ve been using Seamless in various cities for the past 10+ years. Not sure what I’d do without it LOL. I think it’s owned by Grubhub now.

dollface

May 27, 2012
Visit site
I only use Door Dash now, with great success. I’ve used both Uber Eats and Grub Hub and the delivery times were much longer and the delivery people not as pleasant. So why fool with a perfect system. And yes, Door Dash customer service is excellent.

Laura Knotek

Jun 15, 2012
Visit site
I only use Door Dash now, with great success. I’ve used both Uber Eats and Grub Hub and the delivery times were much longer and the delivery people not as pleasant. So why fool with a perfect system. And yes, Door Dash customer service is excellent.
I've had the same experience that you did, so I only use Door Dash now as well.

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
I did check out Seamless, but it's really not available in my area... yet. I'll keep it in mind!

That sucks! Others seem to like Door Dash. Hopefully, that’s in your area. Their service is terrible in NYC, so I don’t use them but everyone I know that uses it in other places loves it.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
That sucks! Others seem to like Door Dash. Hopefully, that’s in your area. Their service is terrible in NYC, so I don’t use them but everyone I know that uses it in other places loves it.

It is. Door Dash works great at home... but not so great at my office. Drivers seem to get very confused on how to find me even though I've given them step by step instructions on my order!

Chuck Finley69

Trusted Member
Mar 20, 2017
Visit site
DoorDash and UberEats are two primary services I’ve used. The one difference is that while UberEats seems more expensive, I believe it’s because the menu pricing is more transparent. You see the delivery cost based on regular menu pricing. With DoorDash, the menu pricing is raised on most if not all items by 15-20% and then you’re charged a service handling charge plus delivery.

I order specific lunch items from establishment for two people and it’s about $12 to go/no drinks.

I order the exact lunch items on DoorDash and it’s $16 + $3-$5 extra delivery before any extra tip. I’ll still use occasionally but once I found out the menu pricing differences, I felt the discounted and free delivery offers misleading..... that’s just me...

scruffypig

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site
I have used DoorDash, and while it is okay, the last experience was horrible. Never got my delivery. DoorDash was great at refunding my transaction.

dollface

May 27, 2012
Visit site
I have used DoorDash, and while it is okay, the last experience was horrible. Never got my delivery. DoorDash was great at refunding my transaction.

I use Door Dash often but one time, months ago, they were getting in the habit of giving multiple orders to one driver and my order that said 20 minutes to arrive, took one hour 45 minutes to arrive after pickup. Food was completely cold and soggy. I called customer service and they refunded entire ticket and gave me a $15 account credit

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I haven't had that experience, but I did have a driver who got lost and was two blocks away. He insisted I come to him, but it was raining, and I was at work. So I called customer service, and they did the same thing. They will make it right. I do have better service at home than at the office, but it has improved greatly!

scruffypig

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site
I have used Door Dash a few times since I posted earlier and had no problems at all. I have used some of the other delivery service apps and they are good also.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
There are 3 delivery apps I can choose from and they don’t have much overlap either.
It all comes down to what and from which restaurant I want to eat something.
Aside from me not ordering in often, I don’t have a preferred delivery service.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77