dropped your iPhone stories, let's hear them

trtmazda3

Sep 29, 2010
Visit site
Tried to take my phone out of my pocket to call my fiance today. It slipped out of my shivering hand (snowed all day today) and bounced. Down, down, down. Onto the ice-covered gravel and landed screen side down in snow. OtterBox Defender saved the day.

SurfStoked

Jan 10, 2009
Visit site
Not exactly my story to tell but my friend dropped his brand new iPhone 4 last summer the second we stepped outside to go grab some lunch. The back was completely shattered

JasonG

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
How about a i dropped my iPad story since I have never dropped an iPhone and done damage to it. Was in my basement, which has cement floors, exercising. Had the iPad set up, about 5', maybe a little higher, so thay i could watch American dad while excerising, and was using headphones since we have a wood stove that's loud and the iPad isn't exactly loud. Anyways, caught the headphones on part of the exercise machine and down the iPad when, landing screen down. After calming down, and realizing that i wasn't having a heart attack, i slowly picked up the iPad, expecting shattered screen and many tears, to find not even a scratch on the screen. No problems with the iPad whatsoever. I'm on it now. Only thing that happened was it dented the corner by the speaker. No cracks or chips or scratches or other damage. iPad works like new still.

Sent from my jail broken iPad =}

iPhoneGleek

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
today I had my phone on my lap in my computer chair then the house phone was ringing so I turned around to reach for it and I stood up, forgetting my iPhone was on my lap and it took a dive face first to introduce itself to my hardwood floors, I interrupted this little playdate by picking it up off the ground. I was pleasantly surprised that there was no damage what so ever! :p

iPhone4iPad

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site
I dropped mine the second day i got it....
It was in a case
I was on a call in a mall, a guy pushed my and it phone tumbled in the air it reached my hand but slipped screen down
I was terrified :'(
But my case saved the phone i am very careful with it..

Iwantmyiphone

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
My 3G has been dropped on all surfaces from wood floors to carpets and finally the other day, a concrete floor . It looked fine, but the last drop did it in. :( First it said no sim card installed, so I removed it and put it back...that worked, but then I noticed one corner of the screen was a bit higher than the bezel. I snapped it back...Uh oh. No more touch. Home button worked, it would sync, but that's all. So after a restore, I gave up and finally bought an iPhone 4.
Of course I'm happy... and to continue my happiness, I also bought the Sherman tank of cases...The Otter box Defender. Oh yeah :)

cjvitek

Jul 5, 2008
Visit site
I have dropped mine a few times. Carpet, hard floor, once in a parking lot. Many time I can move my foot to catch it as it fell. In the parking lot, it fell with not problems, although the case was a little scratched.

4boostin

Dec 31, 2009
Visit site
Dropped while skiiing

My son works at a ski resort. Last summer they found an iPhone in the dirt, face down on one of the ski runs 6 months later after all the snow melted. They charged it up and guess what??? It worked fine. Kudos to apple!!

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
I always talk and wear the headhones so the few times I've dropped it it's been slowed before the drop by the tension. The first phone I had fell once from about 6" out of my hand onto carpeted floor. There wasn't a scratch on it but I hated the fact that it dropped. I got my Otterbox Defender case two days later. I had to give that phone back for SIM issues, this one has droped three times but in the case so ofcourse nothing happend.

pilsbury

Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
Mine wasn't too bad. It slid off my chest of drawers and fell 4ft onto carpet. I had already turned around and I heard it hit, thought it was our dog in the next room. No harm done, didnt even reset it.

fenderguy

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
Gonna knock on wood some more as I am waiting for a skin from nhl.com. I will need a bumper of some sort to go with it as the skin won't protect to well.

Mustang5Oh

Nov 4, 2009
Visit site
I just dropped my iP 4 from about 4+ Ft straight onto concrete. Naturally it landed on the front of the phone. I had the bumper and a terrible anti-glare screen protector on it at the time. I was scared to pick it up! I picked it up though and to my amazement not a single scratch or crack anywhere. The only issue was a little divit was taken out of the screen protector which I was planning to take off anyways. I guess it's a good thing I hadn't taken it off when I planned to haha.

4boostin

Dec 31, 2009
Visit site
Beat up taped together 2G still kickin!

A year and a half ago I traded my 2 year old, near new condition Blackberry, for an unlocked 2G iPhone on T-Mobile. I'm contract free.....and happy as can be!! The 2G has so many dents on it, that it must have been dropped numerous times. The back looks like it sat in a box of rocks, it has so many scratches. The screen is also full of scratches, but they aren't too noticeable when it's on, and it has one pea size blank spot. The smaller black plastic part of the back cover is cracked and held on by clear packing tape. I've dropped it a half dozen or so times, mostly on the carpet, but once or twice getting out of the car it hit the ground. The screen is not cracked and everything still works....it's a survivor!! I'm waiting to activate a 3G as soon as they come out with an unlock for the 4.2.1 without using the iPad band.

Last edited:

jjb70

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
Wife lost hers a few weeks ago. We looked everywhere with no luck. We retraced her steps and figured it may have fell out of her pocket while shoveling the snow off the deck about a week before. Rented a metal detector and located it in about 2 minutes under 2 feet of snow off the back deck. Dried it in rice overnight and it fired right up!

andrewsmith

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
A month after the first gen. iPhone came out I flipped my truck and I spend about 4 hours trying to find my phone, ripped apart the truck with a sawzall dash and everything...then I took a shovel out to where I flipped my truck and searched. Kept calling the phone and it was ringing so I know it hadn't been turned off or anything, but I couldn't find it anywhere. I seriously think a cop or a guy from the towing company jacked it. Had to pay full price for a new iPhone $400 back in the day...sucked real bad.

3 months later a buddy of mine flipped his truck and we went to the junkyard with a sawzall tore apart the truck and found his lodged in the dash....luck him haha

Now I'm on iPhone number 5 (2 1st gen, 1 3G, and 2 3GS')

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
was out with some friends last night and witnessed somebody dropping there iP4 right next to me. it was like the universe completely stopped during the 1-2 seconds of this happening. it was about 4' up and they had an otterbox.. not one scratch!

after it happened i thought about getting one for myself.... NAHHHH!!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dennis Anderson Julien