Brand new to Apple

Regulator

Sep 5, 2014
Visit site
Hello All,

I am starting a new job that has given me an iPhone 5S. I have always used android and will continue to use my HTC One as my primary device. I just can't bring it onto my work facility because of security requirements that don't allow cameras so they order phones without cameras activated. My iPhone is still in the box, and I need to set it up. I don't have an iTunes account so I think I need to create one of those first. Are there any dummy guides on here on getting this thing set up properly as well as any other tricks or tips for someone who hasn't used Apple before? I've always heard that the iPhone is simple to set up, but I don't want to mess it up. Thanks for your help, and I'm sure I will be on the forums now as I have always enjoyed being on Android Central.

Thank you kindly.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to iMore. In regard to your new iPhone, after you take it out of the box and turn it on, simply follow the prompts. You will be given options to create and Apple ID as well as an iCloud account. It is indeed an easy device to setup.

Regulator

Sep 5, 2014
Visit site
Welcome to iMore. In regard to your new iPhone, after you take it out of the box and turn it on, simply follow the prompts. You will be given options to create and Apple ID as well as an iCloud account. It is indeed an easy device to setup.

Thank you kindly. I will create my iTunes account today or tomorrow and then get the process underway.

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to iMore and enjoy your new device. :)

It is very simple to set up and the prompts on the screens when you turn on a new device are very helpful.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
If the phone's camera is disabled then I'm assuming it has already come pre-loaded from IT. It's possible they may have already made an Apple ID for you.

EmceeGeek

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Welcome to iMore. I didn't know companies could order iPhones that way, that's cool. Or maybe a 3rd party did it.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
OP - congratulations on your work issued 5s.

I would suggest that you contact your IT department to see how they would prefer for you to set up your accounts, especially iCloud. Also for any directions on what apps you can use.

Enjoy your device!

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77