2 Hours of Phone Calls
All System Location Services On
Email fetch to 15 Minutes
Boxcar for Tweetlogix
Facebook notification
Weather with Location
iCloud on Push
Siri Raise to Speak Off
Watched like 15 minutes on Netflix (Wifi)
Played 20-25 minutes of Shadowgun
Another 10 for each Gravity Guy/ Temple Run
About a hour of Shuffle Music

I'm coming from a rooted EVO where I had to cut things off to get good battery life. I can deff manage with 20+ Hours of heavy use *imo* I haven't done anything special like let it die and charge it fully, I have just used it. One thing is, I had Sprint flag my account for a Business PRL so I have 11115 instead of 51082, I had a hypothesis that the bad battery life on sprint was because of the bad prl.

Seriel - DNP
What do you mean by having sprint flag your account? Do the prl's make a difference in signal strength?
I work in a city that gets poor sprint service and there is no way I can get 8 hours out of this phone because of the poor signal. 3G cuts out constantly making the phone work twice as hard. Not happy with sprint that's for sure.

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
Ha, so far my battery life is sucking ... Can literally watch it go down, especially with iTunes wifi sync enabled. I am going to play a couple of days with default settings to see if I can live with it before I start tweaking.

ktrent#CB

Oct 15, 2011
Visit site
I thought my life was ok but yesterday I ran a little test. My wife and I took the kids to a museum so we both were using our phones the same taking and posting pictures, a few text, and a couple calls. I have 4s and she has a 4 with os5. At the end of the day I was dead and she had 75%. I have minimal apps running and have tuned my phone to use as little battery as possible. Her phone on the other hand has everything wide open. This tells me it's not os5 but it's the 4s.

Come on apple step up and fix this issue.

BiG BaLLA 923

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
I disabled facebook push notifications today, going to see how that goes. I am really trying to do everything to make this battery better but it still has the same problems. I can only hope that facebook was my problem and that disabling the push notifications for the application makes my phone battery better!

CalifJewls

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Can anyone who has contacted Apple support about battery issues please share what was advised or said?

I actually had my Genious Bar appointment this morning: He ran a diagnostic report on my 4S and determined Im only getting about 7 hrs of battery life, which he said is extremely low, I should be getting around 20 hrs..he did a complete clean restore and says use my 4S like normal and see if that helps, but he said his 4S is not getting great battery life either and that he like the rest of us are just waiting for the iOS5 to be updated, Apple is working on it! I didn't push for a new 4S because I didn't want to end up with some refurbished 4S.

So pretty much we just need to tweak our settings as much as possible, possibly a restore could help, but mainly we need to be patient and wait for the iOS update...so nothing we didn't already know..

tl24s

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
I actually had my Genious Bar appointment this morning: He ran a diagnostic report on my 4S and determined Im only getting about 7 hrs of battery life, which he said is extremely low, I should be getting around 20 hrs..he did a complete clean restore and says use my 4S like normal and see if that helps, but he said his 4S is not getting great battery life either and that he like the rest of us are just waiting for the iOS5 to be updated, Apple is working on it! I didn't push for a new 4S because I didn't want to end up with some refurbished 4S.

So pretty much we just need to tweak our settings as much as possible, possibly a restore could help, but mainly we need to be patient and wait for the iOS update...so nothing we didn't already know..

Wow that's great to hear, I really hope Apple releases an update ASAP!!!!!

BiG BaLLA 923

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
I am also grateful to hear this! I finally now know that even high up people are having the same issues that we are having, so hopefully in the coming time we will see an ios5 update!

Dark_Blu

Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
Wow. I didn't realize that the battery life on the 4S was considered bad. Coming from an EVO that, with the standard battery, couldn't last a full day with top ups from a car charger, I thought I was doing pretty good. I've removed the Facebook notifications and it's a bit better.

Dark_Blu

Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
I thought my life was ok but yesterday I ran a little test. My wife and I took the kids to a museum so we both were using our phones the same taking and posting pictures, a few text, and a couple calls. I have 4s and she has a 4 with os5. At the end of the day I was dead and she had 75%. I have minimal apps running and have tuned my phone to use as little battery as possible. Her phone on the other hand has everything wide open. This tells me it's not os5 but it's the 4s.

Come on apple step up and fix this issue.

Well, there is the new dual core CPU. the updated camera, perhaps the antennaes? What else is different about the two phones? And doesn't the 4S have a bigger battery than the 4, so shouldn't we be getting better battery life than the 4?

_heatherly

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
My battery life has definitely improved since I got the phone on the 14th. At first I was really disappointed. But after a couple charges and learning what to turn off on my device, it's definitely improved. Learning how to close apps running in the background helped too. I can last 24 hours with moderate use. When I'm at home, I enable WiFi because my 3G service is awful and was constantly bouncing back and forth between Edge and 3G.

When I had my BlackBerry Torch 9800, I always had to charge once a day, so charging my iPhone once a day isn't a big deal.

NickBull

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
To update everyone...

I went to the Genius Bar yesterday. They ran a load of diagnostics and said that they all checked out ok, but he offered to swap out my 4S as he didn't think I'd go there if I didn't have a problem.

So I got a new 4S. Plugged it in overnight and took it off charge this morning. Moderate usage during the day (certainly more than I used the previous one) and it has been off the charger for 13 hours. It's down to 67%. So a huge improvement there!

The previous 4S that I took back was showing figures of "Standby 1hr", "Usage 45min" even though it had just been sat on the desk locked. This morning I had "Standby 1hr", "Usage 3 min". Which is pretty much what I expected. Looks like some kind of fault with it.

Now I guess I'll have to put up with poor battery life, but that will be down to me using it so much which I'm not bothered about!

ktrent#CB

Oct 15, 2011
Visit site
So this is what I have after today's use. This is with most things turned off other than Siri and Facebook. View attachment 11060

I personally think its terrible but I will admit its better than my old android. What does everyone think? I plan on a restore tomorrow if I have time. Do you think it will help or would it just be a waste of time?

Last edited:

Joe McG

Jun 9, 2009
Visit site
So this is what I have after today's use. This is with most things turned off other than Siri and Facebook. View attachment 11060

I personally think its terrible but I will admit its better than my old android. What does everyone think? I plan on a restore tomorrow if I have time. Do you think it will help or would it just be a waste of time?

That is way off from what it should be. I was at about the same standby time, 5 1/2 hours usage today and was at 35%. AND, I leave everything on (wifi, bluetooth, all push).

Do a restore and it should be better.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I was suffering with poor (poorer that I wanted/expected), so I did a restore and set my iPhone 4S up as new. It took me about 3 hours to get everything back the way it was... I lost my text messages... but I think I am glad that I did... tomorrow will start the RLT and I will post the results in a few days...

DrewBear

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
That is way off from what it should be. I was at about the same standby time, 5 1/2 hours usage today and was at 35%. AND, I leave everything on (wifi, bluetooth, all push).

Do a restore and it should be better.

5 hrs. usage, 14 hrs. standby, 40%
I also left most things on. My volume level was stuck for some reason, so I turned the phone off & on again. That seemed to improve my already decent battery life.

We should remember that not all "usage" impacts battery life the same way. 5 hrs. of listening to music is not the same as 5 hrs. of watching Youtube.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77