Apple watch charging cable.

mws_1984

Mar 14, 2015
Visit site
Just got an Apple Watch 7. Comes with the circular magnetic charger. But it’s got a usb c plug end. Is there an adapter I can buy to plug it into a USB port? I have the usb outlet plugs available to plug into. Just need something in between. Anyone know a part # or something?

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
Just got an Apple Watch 7. Comes with the circular magnetic charger. But it’s got a usb c plug end. Is there an adapter I can buy to plug it into a USB port? I have the usb outlet plugs available to plug into. Just need something in between. Anyone know a part # or something?

I just saw this article here on iMore. If you want a charging brick, this is offered as a one day special for $17.98.

Mr.Willie

Apr 17, 2013
Visit site
Perfect. I bet it’s $30 for the brick from apple to go into wall outlet.

It’s $19.00 for a 20 watt charger.

The world is switching to USB C. If you buy a new iMac, it has either two or four USB C ports, depending on the model. They have zero USB A ports.

Almost everything rechargeable now uses USB C.

https://www.amazon.com/Apple-20W-US...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUimUvbUpU3278230

Hey, it’s on sale…

https://www.amazon.com/Leviton-T563...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUimUvbUpU3278230

They have models with a lower price, but this one offers 30 watts on a single port.

Up_And_Away

Aug 27, 2021
Visit site
Just my opinion, you just paid a significant amount of money for the finest smartwatch on the market that includes fast charging. I have an S7 and the fast charging is a significant benefit. Get the USBC->outlet 20W brick to be sure fast charging happens.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
Just my opinion, you just paid a significant amount of money for the finest smartwatch on the market that includes fast charging. I have an S7 and the fast charging is a significant benefit. Get the USBC->outlet 20W brick to be sure fast charging happens.

This is an excellent point!

tcuprof

Trusted Member
Aug 21, 2015
Visit site

That does make sense and it points to a key consideration - how and when are you going to charge your watch. My watch goes on the charger overnight and so speed of charging is irrelevant. My buddy wears his watch to bed and puts it on the charger while he's getting ready in the morning. He needs the fastest charge possible.

Up_And_Away

Aug 27, 2021
Visit site
Your individual use case is definitely the prime consideration. I’m in the same group as your buddy, I track my sleep as well as target work tracking (aka stress level) and workouts. Due to that my charging ‘rhythm’ is a defined period onto the fast charger while I shower and then have a cup of coffee. For me the fast charge upgrade from S6 to S7 made my daily usage flow line up so much better.

Go with what your use case needs. And if yiur use case changes, it is easy enough to grab a USBC brick :). One friendly suggestion, at some point in the future try to start tracking sleep. The sleep pattern coupled with BPM and O2 during sleep is very valuable health info. And a surprisingly less know but nice benefit, waking up via a pulse on the wrist versus a sharp audio tone from my iPhone.
Cheers…

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77