android to ios

ulnek

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
thinking of giving an iphone a try. will i be able to integrate my google account into an iphone? it has all my addresses and calendar entries and whatnot. i don't want to have to re enter everything. i know google and apple are not on friendly terms so i'm not sure if this can be done on an iphone. thanks.

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
If you have jailbreaked your iphone then it's so simple because there are many apps that will let you do that. If not , don't worry download the iGoogle app for iPhone . I think it will solve your problem.

Laelipoo

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
No need to be jailbroken or download an app. Just set up google sync for the iPhone (m.google.com/sync) then add it as an exchange account. Completely native and very easy to do.

ulnek

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
oh ok. it's doable without any hacking. so that means that every contact i add, every calendar even i add and such will be automatically saved to my google account right?

Lmbull

Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
Yep, it's easy. I recently went from droid to iPhone and am very please with the transfer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Keldog

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
I also came from Android and through Google Sync I still have all my Google Contacts and all of my calendar items are still through Google Calendar. Easy to do, and works well.

ulnek

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
i will wait to see what the next iphone is then decide. i've gotten used to the bigger screen. >_<

sbalchand

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
i setup my email/calendar through exchange...... but disabled contacts to update that way.

for contacts i got an app called 'contacts sync'.... it helps me keep the groups in sync too. thats one feature that i missed that exchange setup didn't provide.

impaler

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
If, like me, you have multiple google calendars, just know Exchange applies random colors to the calendars, on each device. I've been able to get the colors I want by enabling and disabling calendars one at a time until the right random color comes up. Just do at m.google.com/sync. PITA, but gets me there eventually. For all its weirdness, iCloud calendars sync across all iOS devices and Macs to include colors without all the nonsense.