Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iPhone Nanite

9 Posts
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts

Default make my Ipad a wireless hotspot

I've seen that you can do this with an iphone, can you do it with a 3G Ipad? and if so how?
    iMore Genius

7,265 Posts
    Global Posts
    7,332 Global Posts

If you're JBen there's MiWi and a couple other apps but keep in mind they are paid apps so make sure it would work before trying it. I've never tried any of them although I would love to soon. I'll go on record here saying eventually Apple will bring it to the iPad. In iOS4 you have the ability to turn off 3G and Data and the iPad is not tied to a contract. They wont do it right now because carriers are milking users for money but the features just fit so well together. You turn data off on your phone and use your iPad in your bag as a hotspot for your phone.
    iPhone Newbie

41 Posts

yes I use my ipad all the time as a hotspot for my son's or daughter's ipod touches. Just get mywi and it will work just fine...you have to be jailbroken first and pay for the mywi, but it's worth it.
    iPhone Intermediate

211 Posts

Same here. I have the unlimited data plan on my ipad and I tether from it all the time. MyWi is GOLD