Backgrounder

1982ollie

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone successfully used backgrounder on 6.1.2 with Evasi0n 1.5. I installed sbsettings and activator, then backgrounder. After respring it goes into safe mode every time after installing backgrounder. If I remove it, it's fine.

Any ideas??

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
well it went open source after io4, and then he did a few things on it and it worked for ios 5...
which version are you using???
cuz the last "perfect" one was like 5.12a45b47v
some CRAZY number like that

1982ollie

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
well it went open source after io4, and then he did a few things on it and it worked for ios 5...
which version are you using???
cuz the last "perfect" one was like 5.12a45b47v
some CRAZY number like that

Hey 3cit,

Just thought I'd let you know that I finally got my 4s jailbroken yesterday. God it feels good. The paranoia of 6.1.3 being dropped made me find a computer. Not sure if you remember, but where I am at the moment I have no access to iTunes. However I improvised.

Anyway mate, I used 1.1.0-1 from the big boss repo. The last stable one I had is on my iPad 3 running 5.1.1 at home.

Shall I contact the developer? Every time it just goes straight into safe mode. Even after reboots and resprings. Then I remove it and its fine.

Cheers

1982ollie

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
Arr! Just checked in Cydia and it says not compatible with IOS 6. Oops, should of checked first. It also says that the developer doesn't have time to support it anymore!

Oh well, there's plenty else in the jailbreak community for me.

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
yeah i think i have a deb file that has the requirements removed, and it MIGHT work on ios 6
ill try to throw it on dropbox so you can sideload it and install it using ifile.
but again, it was tweaked a little to work on ios5, and had dependencie removed so itll install on anything!
but it might cause you to keep ending up in safe mode
but the version i have is definitely "newer" than the one on big boss repo

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
I haven't used backgrounder since my 3G days...what are the features that keep make it better than using the native way of back grounding apps?

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Wow, Backgrounder :) That brings back memories of Jailbreaking back in the day. It was one of my first tweaks I would install so my audio apps would still play while I did other things :)

1982ollie

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
I haven't used backgrounder since my 3G days...what are the features that keep make it better than using the native way of back grounding apps?

Massie, not sure what you mean here buddy. Is there another way of running apps in the background or are you asking what the benefits of backgrounder is?

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Massie, not sure what you mean here buddy. Is there another way of running apps in the background or are you asking what the benefits of backgrounder is?

Just that so many apps can now run in the background anyway on iOS—when Backgrounder was introduced the iPhone didn't do that. So I'm wondering what situations people use it for now.

1982ollie

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
Just that so many apps can now run in the background anyway on iOS?when Backgrounder was introduced the iPhone didn't do that. So I'm wondering what situations people use it for now.

To be fair your right, I don't think I really need it anymore. The only app is playing YouTube videos via Shazam tags. However I'm not that tight, I just noticed this when I was skint for a few days and I couldn't purchase a few songs from iTunes.

I can live with out it now.

That was my experience.

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
I liked backgrounder for the exact opposite reason!
I had status bar memory showing for a while and ONLY wanted my music apps to stay backgrounded. I wanted everything else to fully close when i left app. But I left that package behind about 4 months ago, and haven't really missed it.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2