Please HELP! iPhone 12 Pro Max Battery Health issue

davidlah

Jun 4, 2021
Visit site
Hello, people! How are you all? Anyone who's seeing this please do reply as I am into anxiety after seeing battery health after two weeks.
I bought brand iPhone 12 pro max on 12th December. Almost two weeks before. It was brand & was activated on 12th December & updated to latest iOS as well.
Now what I am worried about is that I never let my iPhone fall below 50% charge. I always keep it above 60%. After just one week my battery health dropped from 100% to 99% & now in the end of second week it dropped to 98%. 2% in two weeks. Why is this happening.
My iPhone is working all fine. No issues at all. I get 4 hours on screen time with 20% battery left but why my battery health is draining so fast like 1% every week? I live in Pakistan so here we have no authorised Apple service centres.
Can any guide me that what to do? I am really worried.

Mars20

Nov 28, 2017
Visit site
I don’t think you need worry too much about the 2% drop. You shouldn’t try and keep your battery over 60% charged. It is best kept at somewhere between 40 and 80%. You could always phone the Apple Helpline if you are concerned.

Last edited:

EdwinG

Ambassador
Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
Lithium-Ion tend to quickly degrade at the start of their life. Then it levels out. My iPhone 11 Pro went from 100% to 95% within the first 6 months, then it stayed above 90% for the next 14 or so.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Trusted Member
Aug 19, 2013
Visit site
I know that my phone is not an Apple, but what I do is on days I work, I charge to 100%. On days off, I charge to 85%. The reason is, when I am home I am on my computer, and my phone gets half to a quarter of the screen time as a workday. I also try no to let my phone go below a 50% charge. According to AccuBattery, my overall battery health is at 91% on a Pixel 3, bought on release in October of 2018.

OP, I think @Ed7789 is correct...your battery degradation will level out soon and hold there for a while.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Hello, people! How are you all? Anyone who's seeing this please do reply as I am into anxiety after seeing battery health after two weeks.
I bought brand iPhone 12 pro max on 12th December. Almost two weeks before. It was brand & was activated on 12th December & updated to latest iOS as well.
Now what I am worried about is that I never let my iPhone fall below 50% charge. I always keep it above 60%. After just one week my battery health dropped from 100% to 99% & now in the end of second week it dropped to 98%. 2% in two weeks. Why is this happening.
My iPhone is working all fine. No issues at all. I get 4 hours on screen time with 20% battery left but why my battery health is draining so fast like 1% every week? I live in Pakistan so here we have no authorised Apple service centres.
Can any guide me that what to do? I am really worried.

I’m confused. Your post is dated June 4th, but you’re telling us you purchased and activated your iPhone 12 on December 12th. Unless I read it wrong, you stated that two weeks after purchasing it (around December 26th), the battery health dropped from 100% to 99%.

You also asked why your battery health seems to drop 1% per week? If that’s true then your battery health to this point should be around 75% since it has been 25 weeks since you’ve purchased the device.

If so, you need to contact Apple to get the battery replaced, but keep in mind that heat can have an adverse effect on the battery.

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
My 11 Pro Max is almost 2 years old and the battery health is 92%. But to me, that’s just a number. Phone is still holding a charge and performing great.

Reactions: Mbitrga88

Mbitrga88

Nov 8, 2023
Visit site
is it better to choose buy max pro rather than just pro for those who need more battery life? Would it be okay to say that there is a big difference between 12 pro and 13 pro in the battery? Very good thank you reactions like nice rain in rainbow

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
is it better to choose buy max pro rather than just pro for those who need more battery life? Would it be okay to say that there is a big difference between 12 pro and 13 pro in the battery? Very good thank you reactions like nice rain in rainbow

Not much difference in the 12 Pro and 13 Pro. What you do on your phone, and how your settings are set determine your better health mostly.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77