- iPhone Nanite
- 1 Posts
Jailbroken IPhone 3GS help. Aka the bane of my life
I was wondering if any of you lovely people could help me...
I bought a second hand iPhone 3GS about 6 months ago and it was jail broken when I got it. The other day I went to update the software but my iPhone got stuck in reboot loop so I managed to put it in DFU to reset it. However...my phone wouldn't activate itself, even when it was connected to iTunes so I took it to an Apple man to fix it for me. He told me that he could fix it, but I wouldn't be able to update the software past 4.1. I just said it was fine because it didn't occur to me that this would mean I can't get any apps because they all need updated software versions.
So what I'm asking is...is there anyway I can get any apps (particularly whatsapp) without updating the software? I'm not that technologically advanced so I don't know if I'm asking the impossible... But any advice would be very much appreciated.
Thanks in advance
- 02-01-2013, 01:30 PM #2iMore Elite
- 2,725 Posts
- iOS Version
Re: Jailbroken IPhone 3GS help. Aka the bane of my life
restore your phone as new and pay for a carrier unlock
that way you can have the best of everything, the newest os, all the apps, a jailbreak, and an unlock and never have to worry about the crazy details that cover software unlocks
ok so what i said wasnt true... you could try and open up ifile and find the plist that contains your system information and where it says software version 4.1.1 you can edit that to 6.1
all apps will think that your phone is running 6.1 and you wont have trouble downloading... however installation and use might become major issues.
also you might screw up your phone and have to restore. so .. ya know, weigh the risks, ask around. im sure that you will find that my original advice is pretty much universally accepted and recommended
- 02-01-2013, 03:04 PM #3
Re: Jailbroken IPhone 3GS help. Aka the bane of my lifeIf you have jailbreak woes, you can iMessage me at iDonev@me.com. I'll try to help (provided I have time to spare).
- By BetheBoss280@Gmail.com in forum Jailbreaking, Unlocking, Hacks, Themes & ModsReplies: 1Last Post: 06-17-2009, 06:17 PM
- By Kevin Michaluk in forum iPhone 3G ForumReplies: 147Last Post: 01-13-2009, 05:17 PM
- By smileyboy in forum Jailbreaking, Unlocking, Hacks, Themes & ModsReplies: 1Last Post: 01-07-2009, 10:13 PM
- By weekiat in forum Jailbreaking, Unlocking, Hacks, Themes & ModsReplies: 1Last Post: 09-25-2008, 10:04 AM
- By iLoveiPhones in forum iPhone 3G ForumReplies: 8Last Post: 06-30-2008, 09:23 AM