Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    160 Global Posts

Default Latest BiteSMS update?

So an update came out for biteSMS and I updated as usual. Now I can't open the app from the phone, it crashes every time. The only thing I can do is access it from Intellascreen X and send/reply to messages. Anyone else having this issue?

Bob
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    637 Global Posts

I did the update too, but I am not having this issue. What if you uninstall then reinstall?
    iPhone Newbie

Fine for me too on 5.1
  4. Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    160 Global Posts

Hhhmm..just tried the uninstall and reinstall, still having issues. It attempts to open up, then just closes. I'm not running the cracked version, this is just the regular version. I'm running 5.0.1

Bob
    iMore Guru

Global Posts
    1,743 Global Posts

Do you have an Activator action set for biteSMS? I haven't updated it yet and although I don't have IntellX I think I'll hold off to see how this turns out. Thanks for the warning at least though I am sorry you are having trouble.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    349 Global Posts

I loved bitesms, but it seems to drain my battery. I'm on a 4s and am very disappointed. Ami doing something wrong?
    iMore Genius

Quote Originally Posted by beeray View Post
    I loved bitesms, but it seems to drain my battery. I'm on a 4s and am very disappointed. Ami doing something wrong?
    Yup.
    Bite does not have battery issues. Perhaps some other program is causing your issues
    iPhone Nanite

I had major issues with bite after last update as did a friend of mine so I uninstalled and all is good now and significant improvement in battery life
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    349 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by xxmaxx82 View Post
    I had major issues with bite after last update as did a friend of mine so I uninstalled and all is good now and significant improvement in battery life
    Same here. No issues just major battery drain.
    iMore Genius

What I fail to understand is why bite, which has 3 million downloads and over 2 million active users (not to mention all the cracked users) has a handful (literal handful, about 5) of people who have "major issues" EVERY SINGLE TIME... What on your devices are different than the others?
  11. Thread AuthorThread Author   #11  
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    160 Global Posts

Default **update**

After reading thru several forum posts on BiteSMS site, I found out what the problem was. I had an old Beta Source that released a bad beta version and I will had it loaded. Once I removed all BiteSMS beta sources, I was able to reload version 6.2 and everything works fine now.

Thanks for all the help
    Bob
    sherlock and 3cit like this.
    iMore Guru

Global Posts
    1,743 Global Posts

That's great thanks for the update.