Heart rate complication slow to update on Ultra

m3ach

Mar 12, 2020
Visit site
Is anyone else having an issue with their heart rate display only updating every half hour or so on their watch face complication?

I have a series 1 Ultra running 10.0.1 and an 11 Pro running 17.0.3, I’m using the new Modular Ultra face with the heart rate complication under the time, although the problem occurs with the Micky Mouse and Infograph faces too so I’m guessing it’s not down to a specific face.

I’ve checked the readings taken and they are updating around every 5 minutes or so, if I touch the complication to get the heart rate monitor up and then close it before it’s had time to take a reading the face complication then shows the latest reading.

Any thoughts?

tcuprof

Trusted Member
Aug 21, 2015
Visit site
I'm confused. I haven't used the heart rate complication before, so I added to see what it shows. All it shows is a heart, which is a link to the heart rate app. It doesn't show your actual heart rate. You have to touch the complication and then it opens the app and measures your current heart rate. IOW, it updates it when you open the app.

m3ach

Mar 12, 2020
Visit site
I'm confused. I haven't used the heart rate complication before, so I added to see what it shows. All it shows is a heart, which is a link to the heart rate app. It doesn't show your actual heart rate. You have to touch the complication and then it opens the app and measures your current heart rate. IOW, it updates it when you open the app.

It depends where you put the complication, if you put it in a larger complication field then it shows the last measured heart rate, if you put it at the bottom of the Mickey Mouse screen for instance then it shows the heart rate and when it was last updated.

Smaller fields just show the heart shape as a short cut as you say.

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
Is anyone else having an issue with their heart rate display only updating every half hour or so on their watch face complication?

Yes, both the complication and the Smart Stack widget are not updating as frequently as the data actually updates. I'm not sure if this is a bug or a battery-saving decision.

m3ach

Mar 12, 2020
Visit site
Yes, both the complication and the Smart Stack widget are not updating as frequently as the data actually updates. I'm not sure if this is a bug or a battery-saving decision.

Could be either I guess, it used to update more frequently on Watch OS 9 but still not as frequently as the data would suggest.

I would have thought that taking the reading would take much more battery life than just updating the complication, which would be minimal. 🤷🏻‍♂️

m3ach

Mar 12, 2020
Visit site
10.1 seems to have improved the update frequency of the heart rate complication but now the complication simply doesn’t appear if it’s added to the bottom of the watch face, weird?

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77